There’s no dodging Cupid’s arrow — Valentine’s Day is here. Whether you’re celebrating your friendships or sugaring up your sweetheart, we’ve got last-minute Valentine’s Day ideas that will have you loving love.
🌵 Get fantastical with botanicals
If you’re quick, you might have your pick of bouquets using same-day flower delivery. (We’re eyeing those locally designed arrangements.)
Or, get creative and nab a potted plant from these plant spots. Nothing says forever like a hardy succulent.
- Mahonia, 822 E. Market St.
- Forage, 1201 Goss Ave.
- The Plant Kingdom, 4101 Westport Rd.
🥂 Keep spirits up
If you didn’t score reservations, don’t overthink… grab a drink. The following spots have weekday happy hours:
- LouVino | Tues.-Sun., 4:30-6:30 p.m. | From the bar, enjoy $2 wines, bourbons + beers and from the kitchen, get snacks like fried green tomatoes and a mini charcuterie board for under $12.
- El Mundo | Mon.-Fri., 4-5:30 p.m. | All you need to know about this well-stocked happy hour is that in addition to $5 margs, there’s 5+ meal deals including crispy tacos and steamed Atlantic mussels.
- Troll Pub | Daily, Various times | It doesn’t matter what day of the week you walk into this bar under the Second Street Bridge because each day is a different kind of special, from $3 tequila shots on Mondays to $10 bottomless mimosas and bloody marys on Sundays.
For more options, check out our happy hour guide.
🌟 Go stargazing
It doesn’t get much more idyllic than bundling up and looking at the stars. Grab some blankets (and maybe a hot drink) and head to one of these spots away from man-made light to take in the sky.
- The Parklands of Floyds Fork | Beckley Creek Parkway, Louisville
- James G. Baker Center for Astronomy (Curby) | 3912 East Curby Rd., English, IN