Your favorite bands always sound better in person — and wouldn’t you know it — Derby City’s venues are booked through January.
Read on for 8 concerts from legends like The Beach Boys, niche local shows at a pinball arcade, and a few holiday favorites.
Zanzabar (2100 S. Preston St.)
- flipturn | Wednesday, Nov. 30 | 8 p.m. | $20 | Summer-vibes indie rock
- Foxing | Saturday, Dec. 3 | 8 p.m. | $18 | Emo post-rock
- Bendigo Fletcher | Friday, Dec. 30 | 8 p.m. | $18 | Local indie folk
Pro tip: Not only is Zanzabar a great place to discover new artists, it’s the only venue in Louisville where you can order some hummus and play pinball in its vintage arcade.
Brown Theatre (315 W. Broadway)
- Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer: The Musical | Saturday, Dec. 10 | 2 p.m. | $31.59+ | Family friendly holiday musical
The Louisville Palace (625 S. 4th St.)
- ‘Tis the Season with The Beach Boys | Sunday, Dec. 11 | 7 p.m. | $34.75+ | Timeless California vibrations
Pro tip: Don’t just look for concerts at this historic theater. Catch the Cirque Musica Holiday Wonderland on Friday, Dec. 9.
Headliners Music Hall (1386 Lexington Rd.)
- Margo Price | Tuesday, Dec. 6 | 7 p.m. | $27.50 | Country singer songwriter
- Tab Benoit | Friday, Dec. 16 | 8 p.m. | $30 | Delta swamp blues
- The Everybody Band | Friday, Dec. 23 | 8 p.m. | $12 | Kentucky music classics
Mercury Ballroom (611 S. 4th St.)
- The Dolly Disco | Saturday, Dec. 3 | 9 p.m. | $15 | DJ-inspired country hits
- The Menzingers | Saturday, Jan. 7 | 9 p.m. | $16.75+ | 2000s punk rock
Pro tip: Grab a craft cocktail from Meta Bar before the show. It’s a two minute walk from the venue.
Old Forester’s Paristown Hall (724 Brent St.)
- Death Cab For Cutie | Friday, Jan. 27 | 8 p.m. | $45+ | Eearly 2000s indie rock
Pro tip: Get before or after show drinks at ShopBar.