It’s been under construction for, seemingly ever, but we now know the three new businesses that will be moving into the old Bacon’s building — Quills Coffee, Wasteology + Green District.
Here’s what you need to know:
- The project will cost roughly $7.5 million.
- The three-story building at 3939 Shelbyville Rd. is currently home to Drake’s + Mojito in Havana, and used to be a department store called Bacon’s.
- Quills Coffee — which closed its St. Matthews location around the corner earlier this year — will be moving into the first floor alongside Green District. The two businesses will occupy ~5,000 sqft.
- Wasteology will operate in 16,000-sqft of space on the third floor of the former department store + plans to open by Sat., Oct. 1.
- Miranda Construction — one of our Inc. 5000s mentioned above — will develop the Green District, while Brockway Property Group will handle Quills + Wasteology.