Table of Contents
Looking to meet your New Year’s resolution in Louisville? From feeling fit to finding more family time, check out our local resolution recommendations below.
- The Refillery | Peach of the Earth, 801 E. Market St. | Cut down on single-use plastic by refilling containers with bath and home care products ranging from shampoo to laundry detergent.
- Before Sunday | Online | Stock up on eco-conscious items like bamboo straws, biodegradable hair ties, reusable produce bags, and more. Plus, they deliver locally for free.
- Louisville Tool Library |1227 Logan St. | Instead of buying a new power tool for a project, borrow one free for seven days.
Explore your city
- Louisville Food Tours | NuLu, Various locations | Brush up on the history of the NuLu and Butchertown area one bite at a time.
- Historic Old Louisville Walking Tour | 1340 S. 4th St. |Get reacquainted with the largest number of contiguous Victorian-era houses in the US.
Practice self care
- Weightless Float Spa | 600 Distiller Commons Ste. 150 | Float into relaxation in a sensory deprivation tank that’s filled with water set to your body’s temperature and 900 pounds of Epsom salt — which helps reduce pain and inflammation.
- Louisville Salt Cave | 9800 Shelbyville Rd. | Salt therapy — aka halotherapy — utilizes a halogenerator to grind and disperse tiny particles of salt to help your immune system, life balance, and energy.
- GlowRX | 11509 Shelbyville Rd. | Get glowing with gold facials, injectables, lashes, and massages.
- Sunflower Soul Healing | 1711 Bardstown Rd. | Harmonize and restore your body with a reiki healing session from a certified practitioner.
- Medical Transformation Center | 13111 Eastpoint Park Blvd. | Get nutritional and regenerative IV therapies to boost immunity, optimize aging, and minimize anxiety.
- Olmsted Parks Conservancy | Various locations | Explore the 18 Frederick Law Olmsted-designed parks and parkways system — one of his greatest career accomplishments.
- Louisville Grows |1641 Portland Ave. | Become a trained Citizen Forester who helps plant trees and educates the community.
- Louisville Nature Center | 3745 Illinois Ave. | Learn about local wildlife and plants during guided hikes and demonstrations.
- AA Clay Studio | 2829 S. 4th St. | Take a six-week course and learn how to create pottery using your hands or a wheel.
- Made Stitch Company | 1860 Mellwood Ave. Ste. 281 | Make modern fashion pieces during a single class or in a course series.
Take care of a pet
- Kentucky Humane Society | 1000 Lyndon Lane | Visit an adoption center to meet your next furry friend or shop its “Pawtique” to support cats, dogs, and horses in need.
- Animal House Adoption Center | 3516 Newburg Rd. | Meet and adopt shelter pets from Louisville Metro Animal Services.
- Sandy’s Pet Shop | 1421 Hess Lane | This family owned and operated pet store has everything you need for fish, birds, reptiles, and small animals.
- Need inspiration? Check out our spotlight on local dog influencers.
Read more books
- Carmichael’s Bookstore | 1295 Bardstown Rd. + 2720 Frankfort Ave. | Carmichael’s has been around for 40 years. The small shops offer a hand-picked selection of titles.
- Butcher Cabin Books | 990 Barret Ave. | This horror-themed book and gift store is the place to find independent, lesser-known horror novels.
- Feeling extra committed? Check out our roundup of authors with ties to Louisville.
Join a gym
- The Factory Gym | 4709 Allmond Ave. #3B | Locally owned for 38 years, this gym offers boxing classes and personal trainers.
- Trager Family JCC | 3600 Dutchmans Ln. | The fitness center offers over 75 weekly group fitness classes, cardio equipment, and strength stations.
- YMCA Louisville | Ten branch locations | Explore many fitness options like zumba class, walking on an indoor track, or personal training. Meanwhile, the kids can spend time in the Kids’ Club.