Bob Dylan’s Nashville-based whiskey company is knock-knock-knockin’ on heaven’s door in NuLu.
Heaven’s Door, a collection of award-winning American whiskeys co-created by Dylan, is opening a brand experience in the former Refuge of Kentucky Church (600 E. Market St.) and neighboring Zephyr Gallery called The Last Refuge.
The project will open in two phases and include a bar, restaurant, music venue, and art gallery. Phase one includes the $2 million transformation of the over 150-year-old church, which will house everything except for the art experience, and is expected to open this September.
Here’s what to know:
- A retail store selling Heaven’s Door products, Dylan’s albums and books + local goods from places like Clayton & Crume and Wildhats will occupy the first floor.
- The music venue will take up the second floor of the church, formerly its sanctuary.
- The bar and restaurant will open in the gymnasium connected to the building with a towering whiskey wall featuring 1,500+ whiskey brands.
- The property also includes a 4,000-sqft courtyard outside.
Phase two includes opening the accompanying art experience in the Zephyr building 18-24 months later, which the company bought last week for $1.23 million. It will showcase some of Dylan’s artwork, multimedia displays + curated work by other Kentucky artists.
In addition to The Last Refuge, Heaven’s Door will expand its distillery operations into Pleasureville, KY in 2024.
Want to know what else is new in NuLu? Check out these four businesses:
- NuLu Food & History Walking Tour | Open
- Liquor Lab | Open
- Hotel Genevieve | Coming May 2023
- Cured Restaurant & Salumeria | Coming Summer 2023