Does your child dream of being the next Lionel Messi or Alex Morgan? They’re in luck. Louisville City FC and Racing Louisville FC academies are elite youth soccer programs where young players can develop their skills right here in Derby City.
The academy provides players with a positive, player-centered learning environment, and gives each player the opportunity to develop their full potential on the field — all with exposure to a clear pathway to professional or collegiate soccer. Read: They could be playing at Lynn Family Stadium one day.
The player experience includes:
- The most qualified and experienced staff in the region on both the boys and the girls side
- Year-round training at a world-class training facility
- Exposure and guidance in the college recruitment process
- Invitations to participate in domestic and international tournaments against some of the world’s best professional youth clubs
- And so much more
Academy success stories
- The Wynder brothers: In 2021, Josh signed a contract with Louisville City FC, making him the second player to complete the local path to pro following his older brother, Elijah. Earlier this year, Elijah cemented his commitment to LouCity with a contract extension for the 2024 USL Championship season.
- Colin Elder: The Bullitt East High School senior and academy player recently made his LouCity debut in the 85th minute of the home opener against El Paso Locomotive FC. Elder’s celebrated his debut (and the win for LouCity) by attending his prom later that evening.
- Ella Sanchez: After appearing in two of the US’ three group stage games in the 2022 FIFA Under-17 Women’s World Cup, Ella helped the Americans advance to the knockout stage.
- Ammerah Maamry: Fellow Racing Academy member Ammerah served as a reserve goalkeeper for Morocco in the 2022 FIFA Under-17 Women’s World Cup.
- The Dallas Cup: Just this past weekend, LouCity’s U19 squad became the first Kentucky-based club to win a trophy at this prestigious invitation-only tournament that has featured legends of the game such as David Beckham, Landon Donovan, and Wayne Rooney.
Both academies will be hosting tryouts at Lynn Family Sports Vision & Training for those interested in the Louisville and Oldham locations. Explore this schedule to see specific dates and times for each age division. Register for tryouts.*
Champions Park, where LouCity, Racing, and both academies train, is home to activities year round. What are you and your family most likely to attend? Let us know.*