Louisvillians, grab your red and black gear — football season is back — and the Cards’ first home game is tonight. Read on for a rundown of all things game day.
What everyone’s talking about:
You’ve heard the buzz about the Cardinals’ victory over Georgia Tech on Friday, Sept. 1. After falling behind by 15 points at halftime, UofL won 39-34. The win comes thanks in part to quarterback Jack Plummer‘s three touchdown passes.
We’ll see if the new coach Jeff Brohm can keep up the good work and lead the team to conquering Murray State University in the game tonight. Given that Louisville is home to “Mr. Football” himself, he’s got a lot at stake. Either way, we’re rooting for this UofL alum.
The best way to watch from home:
Sports bars to catch the games at:
The Granville Pub, 1601 S. 3rd St.
Located in the heart of UofL’s campus, this bar and grill is an obvious Cards hot spot + frequented by UofL alumni.
Khalil’s On Dixie, 10966 Dixie Hwy.
Khalil’s may be Kentucky Wildcats fans, but they still stream UofL sports and NFL across 20+ screens.
Looking for more? Kick off the season with more sports bars.
The games worth getting tickets to:
First home game: UofL vs. Murray State | Thursday, Sept. 7 | 7:30 p.m.
Rival game: UofL vs. Kentucky | Saturday, Nov. 25 | Time TBA
Your must-bring stadium items:
- Your ticket.
- A clear sling bag or clear purse to breeze through security.
- Cardinals gear. If your wardrobe is sorely lacking in red, shop this jersey and hat.
A quick L&N Federal Credit Union Stadium survival guide:
- Newly renovated in 2018, the stadium’s total capacity is ~60,800
- Look forward to food options like pulled pork, cheesesteaks, and burgers. See all the concessions.
- Credit cards are accepted at the box office + most concession stands.
- Parking passes are digital this year. Make sure you download your parking pass before you get to the stadium.
- Planning to tailgate? Consider upgrading the experience with ticket and tailgate packages.
- Before the game, bring a $35+ Kroger receipt from within the past week to its tailgating tent and score two free drinks and food.