A new luxury apartment complex called Cherokee Springs is in the works at 1576 Cherokee Rd.
The $12 million, four-story complex with a glass and limestone exterior will replace a former apartment building overlooking Cherokee Park. Inside, Cherokee Springs will be comprised of eight apartment units with 10-ft ceilings, top-shelf appliances, steam showers, and storage space.
Here are more details on the project:
- First floor lodgings will be 1,400 sqft, two-bed, two-bath units with screened-in porches.
- Units on the remaining floors will be three bed, three-and-a-half-bath apartments with ~2,700-sqft of space. They will also have a 500-sqft terrace + screened porch.
- Parking will include one- and two-car garages with additional parking underground.
- The complex will total ~20,000 sqft.
- Cherokee Springs should be complete by spring 2023.
It’s not the first luxury apartment in the Highlands, though Cherokee Springs will be one of a few. The nearest luxury options include The Baxter at 642 Baxter Ave., The Woods at 2139 Lexington Rd. + Highland Station at 1172 E. Broadway.
While rent hasn’t been specified for Cherokee Springs, rent at the next three luxury apartments in the area ranges from $999-$1,359/month for single-bedroom units.