Yesterday, Waterfront Park broke ground on Phase IV of its segmented expansion project — which started in 1999. The long-awaited phase will finally link West Louisville to Downtown via a 22-acre expansion between 10th and 15th Streets.
Let’s take a walk in the Phase IV park + what to expect when it’s complete in 2024.
- Observation Pier, a centerpiece with views of the river and downtown skyline + will host special events — think weddings and concerts.
- An experiential outdoor learning area called PlayWorks
- The Midway Connector will extend the Louisville Loop under I-64 — paint and creative lighting will enhance the experience.
- The Exerscape area will combine playground elements + climbing areas for users of all ages to exercise.
- Confluence Plaza + Fort-On-Shore Plaza will be the gateway into Phase IV from River Road — sculptures, interactive water features, and historical markers are planned.