Louisville’s view of the Ohio River banks is about to look a whole lot different.
The 80-acre project will eclipse $1 billion of investment. Here’s what the plans include:
- 4,000-seat amphitheater
- A walkway stretching over the river
- An observation tower viewing a series of fountains
- A marina housing nearly 300 boats
- Restaurant + retail space
- ~160,000 sqft of office space
- 440 residential units
- A 90-room hotel
Officials say they hope to find a developer for the project in the next two to three months.
The project is expected to take 10 years to be completed, with the first phase of construction beginning in 2025. Officials say it will create ~5,500 total jobs.