The Louisville Ale Trail will host its annual Louisville Beer Week from October 21-30. The week-long event will kick off with a brand new beer festival and features special beer releases, panel discussions, and events hosted by breweries across Derby City.
The Beer Festival
Head to the German American Club (1840 Lincoln Ave.) on Fri., Oct. 21, from 5-10 p.m. for beer + live music by The Lost Pockets. A $10 entry ticket gets you a commemorative Louisville Beer Fest taster glass. Purchase your tickets here.
- From Stave to Glass | Tues., Oct. 25 | 7 p.m. | Bourbon’s Bistro, 2255 Frankfort Ave. | $25 | Join moderator Roger Huff from Gallant Fox Brewing for the inaugural barrel panel discussion where panelists from breweries and distilleries chat about wood’s impact on flavor.
- Women in Beer | Thurs., Oct. 27 | 7 p.m. | Logan Street Market, 1001 Logan St. | Donations encouraged | Join The Pink Boots Society and hear perspectives from some of the industry’s most tenured women in beer.
With over 20 breweries participating in this year’s event, we can’t list them all here. But here’s a spotlight of just a few participants + a beer available at their locations.
- Apocalypse Brew Works, 1612 Mellwood Ave. | Try the Cream-ation, a cream ale Apocalypse describes as “no ashes, just clean malt flavor with a crisp finish.”
- Gallant Fox Brewing, 2132 Frankfort Ave. | It’s October, so try the Foxtoberfest — a crisp and malty märzen.
- Monnik Beer Co., 1036 E. Burnett Ave. | Get a sample, full pour, or even a growler of the Italian Disco and enjoy this pilsner’s citrusy hopped aroma.
- Noble Funk Brewing Co., 922 S. 2nd St. | Indulge in Mocha Husky Boi, a nitro made with cacao nibs and Good Folks “Slow Track” coffee.
See the full line-up of events here. And don’t forget to grab your Louisville Ale Trail passport and start collecting stamps.