Get ready to shop till you drop. Louisville’s Buy Local Fair is coming to Festival Plaza at Waterfront Park this Saturday, June 10, 12 p.m-6 p.m.
The free annual fair started in 2009 and is the Louisville Independent Business Alliance’s (LIBA) biggest fundraiser. It will feature 100+ local businesses, including food and drink vendors, artists, craftspeople, and farmers.
Here are a few things to note:
- The fair used to be held at the Louisville Water Tower. With the festivities moving to Waterfront Park, there’s no parking fee. However, since parking was one of the ways LIBA raised funds, a $3 donation is encouraged at the entrance.
- There are two new additions to the long list of fair participants. Redez Louisville will be hosting a hispanic market + Hispanic Xperience Louisville will have a booth.
- This year, the silent auction will be completely online and run separately from the fair itself. Bidding starts today at noon and ends at 8 p.m. on Thursday, June 15. Items up for grabs include everything from a horse-shaped cutting board to curling class gift certificates.
- Shopping isn’t the only thing the Buy Local Fair has going on. There’s entertainment, too. Watch Chef Henry Wesley of 8UP + Chef Jarrod Prince of Copper Kitchen go head-to-head in a cooking competition. Then, jam to tunes by DJ Kim Sorise.
- There’s lots of kid-friendly fun to be had. Carmichael’s Bookstore is hosting a kids fun zone, and Norsemen Home Remodeling is presenting a “kidpreneur” market that features mini businesses run by little ones.