Let the fall scents fill the air. 🍁 It’s September Louisville and we’re looking forward to cooler temperatures and everything fall scented. We’re excited for all the fun local events to kick-off the changing of seasons and we hope you are, too. Read on for all the top events happening this month in Derby City.
Aug. 30 – Sept. 5
Wed., Sept. 1
- Whiskey Walking Tours | Wed., Sept. 1 | 10:30 a.m.-12 p.m. | Louisville Visitor Center, 301 South 4th St. | Free | Venture on this 10-block journey through Downtown Louisville sampling the best of what Whiskey Row has to offer. 🥃
- Louisville Bats vs. Nashville Sounds | Wed., Sept. 1 | 6:30 p.m. | Louisville Slugger Field | $9+ | Enjoy this game peanut free for Peanut Allergy Awareness night + $5 Sluggeritas.
- Greg Bourke Launch Event | Wed., Sept. 1 | 7 p.m. | 2720 Frankfort Ave. | Free | Join in-person or virtually by registering here. 📗
- American Aquarium | Wed., Sept. 1 | 8 p.m. | Headliners Music Hall | $25 | Grab tickets in advance for $20. 🎸
- Valice | Wed., Sept. 1 | 8 p.m. | The Flamingo Lounge, 119 S. 7th St. | Free | Listen to this new 5-piece rock band from Austin, TX + Jack Keyes. 🎹
- Louisville Bats vs. Nashville Sounds | Wed., Sept. 1 | 6:30 p.m. | Louisville Slugger Field | $9+ | Enjoy this game peanut free for Peanut Allergy Awareness night + $5 Sluggeritas.
Thurs., Sept. 2
- Abbey Road on the River 2021 | Thurs., Sept. 2 | 2 p.m. | Big Four Station Park, 500 Quartermaster Ct., Jeffersonville, IN | $45+ | Use code “WAVE3NEWS” to take $20 off any general admission or reserved ticket. 🎸
- Ladies Night with Robbie Bartlett | Thurs., Sept. 2 | 6 p.m. | CC’s Low Carb Kitchen | Free | Hey ladies, happy hour is from 5-6 p.m. with Robbie Bartlett taking the stage at 6 p.m. 🍹
- Stevie Ray’s Thursday Night Throwdown | Thurs., Sept. 2 | 8 p.m.-12 a.m. | Stevie Ray’s Blues Bar, 230 E. Main St. | Free | Venture to one of Louisville’s oldest jazz bars + enjoy some great live music. 🎺
- Comedy Open Mic | Thurs., Sept. 2 | 8-10:30 p.m. | Red Top Gourmet Hotdogs | Free | Get some laughs in + enjoy Red Top’s 99¢ beer specials. 🎤
Fri., Sept. 3
- WorldFest | Fri., Sept. 3 | 11 a.m. | Downtown Louisville | Free | Engage with one of the region’s largest international festivals + sample foods from around the world. 😋
- Silent Disco | Fri., Sept. 3 | 9 p.m. | Mile Wide Beer Co., 636 Barret Ave. | Free | Break out your best moves + dance like no one’s watching 🕺
- 2021 Germantown Schnitzelbzurg Blues Festival | Fri., Sept. 3 | 7 p.m. | Check’s Cafe, 1101 E Burnett Ave. | Free | Hear the smooth sounds of the eleventh Germantown Schnitzelburg Blues Festival featuring artists exclusively from the Kentuckiana Area. 🎷
- Drag Race: Eureka | Fri., Sept. 3 | 9 p.m. | Play Louisville | $20 | RuPaul’s Drag Race Allstar Eureka performs at 11 p.m. + 1 a.m. with shows starting at 9 p.m. 💃
- Kentucky Flea Market Labor Day Spectacular 2021 | Fri., Sept. 3 | 10 a.m.-6 p.m. | Kentucky Exposition Center | Free | Get deals all Labor Day weekend across 1,000 booths. 👛
- Fleur De Flea Outdoor Vintage Market | Fri., Sept. 3 | 9 a.m.-5 p.m. | Waterfront Park, Great Lawn | Free | Check out vendors selling vintage, vinyl, antiques, collectibles, funk, junk, curiosities, industrial items + more. 👛
- Louisville City FC vs. FC Tusla | Fri., Sept. 3 | 7:30 p.m. | Lynn Family Stadium | $15+ | See Louisville City FC vs. FC Tusla in the team’s only September home game.
- Found Footage Festival: Volume 9 | Fri., Sept. 3 | 7:30 p.m. | Planet of the Tapes, 640 Barret Ave. | Comedians Joe Pickett + Nick Prueher give a live guided tour of their latest VHS finds. 📽️
Sat., Sept. 4
- Roots 101 Fest | Sat., Sept. 4 | 2 p.m. | Roots 101 African American Museum | Free | Have a night of film, music, vendors + culture.
- Cave Hill Cemetery Historical Walking Tour | Sat., Sept. 4 | 10 a.m.-12 p.m. | 701 Baxter Ave. | $15 | Learn the history of Cave Hill Cemetery + some of the historical Kentuckians who rest there. 🪦
- Neon Nights | Sept. 3-4 | 7 p.m.-2 a.m. | Howl at the Moon, 434 S 4th St. | Free, if you wear neon | Enjoy this glow-in-the-dark dance party complete with drink specials, live music + more. 🌝
- Labor Day Celebration at Paristown | Sept. 4-6 |
- Makers & Growers Market | Sat., Sept. 4 | 11 a.m.-3 p.m. | Logan Street Market | Free | Patronize this weekly market in support of local growers, producers, makers + craftspeople of many trades.
- Beechmont Open Air Market | Sat., Sept. 4 | 8 a.m.-12 p.m. | The Corner of Southern Pkwy and W. Wellington Ave. | Free | This weekend market runs until Sept. 25 so get out there + buy some goods from local producers.
- The Unfiltered Truth: Black Americans in Bourbon | Sat., Sept. 4 | 3:30 p.m. | Frazier History Museum | $34 | Get the story on Black Americans’ contribution to Kentucky’s signature spirit. 🥃
Sun., Sept. 5
- Phoebe Bridgers | Sun., Sept. 5 | 8 p.m. | Iroquois Amphitheater | $72 | See the Grammy artist perform hits like, “Kyoto,” and, “I Know the End.” 🎶
- Second Annual Farm Classic | Sun., Sept. 5 | 9 a.m.-6 p.m. | The Sporting Club at the Farm, 4939 River Rd, New Albany, IN | $20 | Take aim at this 3D archery target course tournament, perfect for youth + adult shooters. 🏹
- Drag Brunch at Le Moo | Sun., Sept. 5 | 11 a.m. | Le Moo | $40 | With another show at 1 p.m., enjoy this iconic brunch + show with Louisville queen Beverly Hellz. 🍳
- Sensory Hike at the Falls of the Ohio | Sun., Sept. 5 | 3-4 p.m. | Falls of the Ohio State Park and Foundation | Free | Join naturalist Mike Gibson in a sensory exploration of the trails along the Ohio River. 🌿
Mon., Sept. 6
- LightFall | Mon., Sept. 6 | 9 p.m. | Falls of the Ohio State Park | See the Falls of the Ohio in a new light as the landscape is transformed by artist Annie Mitchell.
- Mayor’s Hike, Bike and Paddle | Mon., Sept. 6 | 8 a.m. | Waterfront Park | Free | Get there early and be one of the first 2,500 people who get a free T-shirt. 👕
Tues., Sept. 7
- Pilates in the Gardens | Tues., Sept. 7 | 6:30-7:30 p.m. | Waterfront Botanical Gardens | $15 | Learn the principles of Pilates movement during a 60 minute mat class that is appropriate for all levels + a view of the gardens. 🌼
- Trivia Night | Tues., Sept. 7 | 8-10 p.m. | The Bard’s Town | Free | Exercise your brain with trivia, and if you’re one of the top 3 teams, win a prize. 🧠
Wed., Sept. 8
- Chair Yoga | Wed., Sept. 8 | 10-11 a.m. | Waterfront Botanical Gardens | $15 | Stretch in this class geared towards beginners, retirees, and those with limited mobility and flexibility. 🪑
- Flower Photography Seminar | Wed., Sept. 8 | 6:30-8 p.m. | Waterfront Botanical Gardens | $40 | Joining a nature photographer professional + learn different ways to capture images of flowers and turn them into artistic masterpieces. 📷
Thurs., Sept. 9
- Louisville Photo Biennial | Thurs., Sept. 9 | 5 p.m. | 21c Museum Hotel | Free | Fine art photography showcase kicks off + runs until Nov. 14 with programming at more than 50 local venues across Louisville, Southern Indiana + Central Kentucky. 🎨
- Earth Groans | Thurs., Sept. 9 | 6 p.m. | 21st in Germantown, 1481 S. Shelby St. | $12 | Come jam to Earth Groans, In Search Of Solace, ISOLATOR, Era Of Machines + Drag Them Down. 🎸
- Oktoberfest Tapping | Thurs. Sept. 9 | 5 p.m. | Hilltop Tavern | Free | Drink an Oktoberfest beer from Bell’s, Great Lakes, and Hi-Wire in a boot + sausage plate special. 🍺
Fri., Sept. 10
- Erykah Badu | Fri., Sept. 10 | 7 p.m. | Great Lawn, Waterfront Park | $49.50+ | Vibe to R&B legend Erykah Badu + support from Thundercat. 🎶
- Oktoberfest! | Fri., Sept. 10 | 2 p.m. | 1840 Lincoln Ave. | Free | Get in on this 2-day festival by German American Club, which features live music, dancing, plenty of German food + Gemütlichkeit (that means good vibes). 🥨
- Food Truck Friday + Farmers Market | Fri., Sept. 10 | 5-8 p.m. | Honey Depot, 14005 Taylorsville Rd. | Free | Enjoy lounging in Amish-made furniture, savor local food, sample raw honey + more. 🍯
- Zootopia | Fri., Sept. 10 | 7 p.m. | St. Matthews Community Park, 310 Ten Pin Ln. | Free | The movie is set to start right at 8 p.m., so get your popcorn, blankets + bug spray and get over there.
Sat., Sept. 11
- Homearama | Sat., Sept. 11 | 10 a.m.-6 p.m. | Norton Commons | $12 | Homearama tours operate at different hours during the weekdays, so be sure to check the website for more details. 🏘
- 2021 Urban-O (Scavenger Hunt) | Sat., Sept. 11 | 8-11 a.m. | Louisville Slugger Field | $10 | Seek and find different locations in Downtown Louisville as you learn more about the city’s history. 🗺️
- An Evening with Michael Buble | Sat., Sept. 11 | 6:30 p.m. | KFC Yum! Center | $69+ | Swoon to the smooth tunes of this crooner. 🎤
- Bug Ball | Sat., Sept. 11 | 5-6:30 p.m. | Graeser Family Education Center, 1435 Frankfort Ave. | Free | Bug out with the whole family including a bug parade + ladybug release in the gardens. 🐞
- Kentuckiana Pride Pageant 2021 | Sat., Sept. 11 | 6 p.m. | Play Louisville |$10 | Support contestants as they vie for the title of Miss Kentuckiana Pride + more. 👑
- Big Four Bridge Arts Festival | Sat., Sept. 11 | 10 a.m.-5 p.m. | Big Four Lawn, Waterfront Park | Free | Ticket sales support Bridgehaven Mental Health Services. 🖌️
- Turtles on the Move | Sat., Sept. 11 | 10 a.m.-12 p.m. | Louisville Nature Center | $15 | Track down box turtles around the Nature Center forest using a radio telemetry transmitter. 🐢
Sun., Sept. 12
- Sweep & Sip | Sun., Sept. 12 | 11:30 a.m.-1 p.m. | Ten20 Craft Brewery, 1020 E. Washington St. | Free | Pick up litter + get a voucher for a beer at a local brewery.
- The Big Table | Sun., Sept. 12 | 5-7 p.m. | Iroquois Park | Free | Come hungry, pull up a chair + leave full from one of Louisville’s largest potlucks. 🍲
- Gaslight Festival Week | Sept. 12-19 | 9:30 a.m. | 3501 College Dr. | Free | The Jeffersontown Gaslight Festival kicks off with a motorcycle ride + ends with a car show, with markets, hot air balloons, and a slew of activities all week long.
- Fall Wild Edible | Sun., Sept. 12 | 10 a.m.-12 p.m. | Louisville Nature Center | $15 | Learn about the largest native edible fruit in North America, the Paw Paw.
Mon., Sept. 13
- Gaslight Golf Scramble | Mon., Sept. 13 | 8:30 a.m. | Woodhaven Country Club, 7200 Woodhaven Rd., | $125+ | Network with top business and community leaders + win cash prizes. 🏌️
Tues., Sept. 14
- Getting in Front of a CEO | Tues., Sept. 14 | 3-4:30 p.m. | Sheraton Louisville Riverside Hotel | $25 | Listen to this panel of CEOs help you get in front of the chief decision-maker at the company you’re eyeing.
- Sublime with Rome | Tues., Sept. 14 | 7 p.m. | Great Lawn at Waterfront Park | $25+ | Bring your own chair to the lawn or reserve a premium seat.
- K. Flay | Tues., Sept. 14 | 8 p.m. | Headliners Music Hall | $20 | Snag tickets in advance for $18. 🎤
- Mammoth WVH | Tues., Sept. 14 | 7 p.m. | Mercury Ballroom | $23 | Catch Mammoth WVH’s debut studio album.
- Comedy Night | Tues., Sept. 14 | 7-9 p.m. | Gravely Brewing Co. | Free | Laugh with Andy Fleming, Mike Nilsson, SugaRae + more. 😂
Wed., Sept. 15
- Hellzapoppin Circus Sideshow | Wed., Sept. 15 | 7 p.m. | Diamond Pub Concert Hall, 630 Barret Ave. | $20 | See this vaudeville show featuring a cavalcade of human curiosities. 🎪
- Open Mic Night | Wed., Sept. 15 | 6:30 p.m. | The Caravan Comedy Club | $5 | Crack some jokes + laugh at this classic open mic night. 🎤
- Southend Social Feat: Doug Pinson w/ Larry Denham | Wed., Sept. 15 | 7-10 p.m. | Khalil’s on Dixie, 10966 Dixie Highway | Free | Watch sports + eat one of Khalil’s killer burgers at this social event. 🍔
Master Distillers Series: West of Ninth | Wed., Sept. 15 | 6:30-8:30 p.m. | Frazier History Museum | $49 | Get an autographed bottle of Brough Brothers Bourbon for $30 as part of this new exhibit highlighting Kentucky’s booming bourbon and craft beer industries.
Thurs., Sept. 16
- Kentucky Southern Social | Thurs., Sept.16-18 | All day | Omni Hotel | $785+ | Experience a bourbon lovers weekend stay at the Omni with special events with the best names in the bourbon industry. 🥃
- Three Dog Night | Thurs., Sept.16 | 8 p.m. | Iroquois Amphitheater | $29+ | Momma told me to go — don’t miss this legendary Grammy-nominated band. 🎸
- Grouplove | Thurs., Sept.16 | 8 p.m. | Headliners Music Hall | $26+ | Plus Blackstar Kids.
- TK & the Holy Know Nothings | Thurs., Sept.16 | 8 p.m. | The Flamingo Lounge | $12 | Snag tickets for $10 in advance + Louisville staple Brent Mathis. 🎶
- Pepsi Plaza Concert Series | Thurs., Sept.16 | 5 p.m. | KFC Yum! Center | Free | Catch Radiotonic + roving performances from Cirque Louie.
- Michigan Rattlers | Thurs., Sept.16 | 8 p.m. | Zanzibar | $15 | Catch this folk-rock band + play pinball. 🪕
- $5 Buck Bluegrass | Thrus., Sept.16 | 7-10 p.m. | Belle of Louisville Riverboats | $5 | Listen to bluegrass music as you float along the Ohio River on the Mary M. Miller on this 21+ cruise.
- Matt Bergman | Thrus., Sept.16 | 7:30-9 p.m. | Aloft Louisville Downtown | $15 | Have a laugh with this versatile + relatable stand-up comedian. 😆
Fri., Sept. 17
- Yoga at the Gardens | Fri., Sept. 17 | 7:30-8:30 a.m. | Waterfront Botanical Gardens | $15 | Start your morning + weekend off with yoga in the gardens. 🧘
- After Hours at the Speed | Fri., Sept. 17 | 5-10 p.m. | Speed Art Museum | $15+ | Enjoy a night inspired by Kentucky’s natural wonders + the Speed’s latest exhibition, Ralph Eugene Meatyard’s The Unforeseen Wilderness. 🖼️
- Gaslight Festival Weekend | Fri., Sept. 17-19 | 7 p.m. | 10434 Watterson Trl. | Free | Enjoy this multi-day Jeffersontown tradition complete with a motorcycle rally, car show, golf scramble, 5K run, parade, balloon glow, live entertainment + over 200 arts, crafts, and commercial booths. 🎊
- Latin Music Awards | Fri., Sept. 17 | 8 p.m. | Fourth Street Live | $20+ | Experience the biggest night of Latin music in Kentucky with live music, awards, + dance. 💃
- Old Louisville Live | Fri., Sept. 17 | 8-10 p.m. | Central Park | Free | Enjoy this free concert series with Katie Toupin. 🎶
- The Steel Woods | Fri., Sept. 17 | 8 p.m. | Manchester Music Hall | $12+ | Catch this country band + Aaron Raitiere. 🪕
- Michael Rowland & Jordan Jensen | Fri., Sept. 17 | 8 p.m. | Planet of the Tapes | $15 | Catch this stand-up double feature in Louisville’s only movie-themed bar + venue. 😆
- In the Pines & Rookie | Fri., Sept. 17 | 8 p.m. | Zanzabar | $12 | Plus Kiana & the Sun Kings. 🎸
- New Voices Young Playwrights Festival | Fri., Sept. 17 | 7 p.m. | Virtual | See plays selected by Actors Theatre from young people of all backgrounds. 🎭
- Mary Poppins Returns | Fri., Sept. 17 | 6:45 p.m. | St. Matthews Community Park, 310 Ten Pin Ln. | Free | See Emily Blunt in the revamp of a timeless classic.
Sat., Sept. 18
- 2021 Imagine Mural Festival | Sat., Sept. 18 | 12-6 p.m. | 621 W. Main St. | Free | Celebrate the greatness of Muhammad Ali’s legacy + Louisville with the unveiling of new multimedia murals.
- The Art of Bonsai: Temperate Plants | Sat., Sept. 18 | 9 a.m-12 p.m. | Twisted Nature Bonsai,7209 Greenlawn Rd | $120 | Learn to wire and style a pre-bonsai tree.
- Plant 5K Run & Walk | Sat., Sept. 18 | 9 a.m.-8 p.m. | 100 W. Riverside Dr., Jeffersonville, IN | $30 | Support Louisville Grows in their effort to plant 5,000 trees by 2025. 🌳
- Garden Tai Chi: Fall | Sat., Sept. 18 | 10-11 a.m. | Yew Dell Botanical Gardens | $9 | Connect to the changing season through relaxed fluid movements + learn 2 fall acupressure points. 🍂
- Cook with a Chef | Sat., Sept. 18 | 1-2 p.m. | Rainbow Blossom Wellness Center | $5 | Learn how to make orange cream cookies gluten + allergy-friendly. 👩🍳
- NuLu Fest | Sat., Sept. 18 | 11 a.m.-9 p.m. | East Market Street | Free | Celebrate the 12th annual block party highlighting NuLu businesses.
- Forest Fest | Sat., Sept. 18 | 1-6 p.m. | Jefferson Memorial Forest | $10 | Enjoy folk + Americana music in the largest municipally-owned park in the U.S. 🏞️
- Kids Fishing Derby | Sat., Sept. 18 | 9-11 a.m. | Eagle Creek Golf Course, 2820 KY-53, La Grange, KY | Free | Children 14 and under compete to catch the biggest + smallest fish. 🎣
- Swashbuckling Family Adventure | Sat., Sept. 18 | 12-2 p.m. | Belle of Louisville Riverboats | $14.99+ | Celebrate Talk Like a Pirate Day with a pirate-themed adventure. 🏴☠️
- Paristown Flea | Sat., Sept. 18 | 9 a.m.-6 p.m. | 711 Brent St. | Free | Enjoy outdoor picking in the historic Paristown district. 🛍️
- Kathleen Edwards | Sat., Sept. 18 | 8 p.m. | Headliners Music Hall | $20+ | Doors are at 7 p.m. for this critically acclaimed singer-songwriter. 🎵
- The National Jug Band Jubilee | Sat., Sept. 18 | 1-10 p.m. | Brown-Forman Amphitheater | Free | Listen to national jug band acts on the banks of the Ohio River. 🪗
- Beats for Blessings | Sat., Sept. 18 | 6:30-10 p.m. | Norton Commons Amphitheater | $25 | Join The Monarchs for this charity concert benefiting Blessings in a Backpack. 🎒
- Vince Morris | Sat., Sept. 18 | 7:30 p.m. | The Caravan Comedy Club | $17 | Catch a laugh with a notable up and coming comedy veteran. 😆
- The Nude Party | Sat., Sept. 18 | 8 p.m. | Zanzabar | $16 | Get to the show early + practice your pinball skills.
- Ten-tucky Festival | Sat., Sept. 18-20 | 7:30-10 p.m. | The Bard’s Town | $18+ | Watch 8 ten-minute plays by 8 Kentucky playwrights. 🎭
- Fall into Springfest in Old Louisville | Sat., Sept. 18 | Toonerville Trolley Park, 1215 S Brook St. | Free | With 50+ handmade artists, a dozen food trucks, live music all day, and an amazing bourbon and beer garden, enjoy Springfest in Toonerville Park. Ⓟ
Sun., Sept. 19
- Kentucky Bat Festival | Sun. Sept. 19 | 4-7 p.m. | Robards Barn, 4435 N. Preston Hwy. Shepherdsville, KY | $15 | Support the Second Chances Wildlife Center, learn about bats, and enjoy beer + BBQ. 🦇
- Woods of the Trees of Africa and Australia | Sun. Sept. 19 | 2-4 p.m. | Waterfront Botanical Gardens | $15 | Listen to a lecture about trees + appreciate the beauty of these trees’ wood through bowls, spoons, and platters. 🪵
- Artie Dean Harris & Bourbontown | Sun. Sept. 19 | 5:30-7:30 p.m. | Wetherby Park, 11803 Old Shelbyville Rd. | Free | Catch the last installment of this summer concert series + food provided by the City of Middletown. 🎶
Mon., Sept. 20
- The Schizophonics | Mon., Sept. 20 | 8 p.m. | Headliners Music Hall | $15 | Rock out with The Schizophonics + local group, Bungalow Betty. 🎸
- Don Kreckel Orchestra | Mon., Sept. 20 | 7:30 p.m. | The Caravan Comedy Club | Listen to the 17-piece Don Krekel Orchestra perform big band jazz hits + selections from “The Great American Songbook” 🎷
- Cherokee Triangle Association Meeting | Mon., Sept. 20 | 7 p.m. | Cherokee Triangle Association, 969 Cherokee Rd | Free |
- The Odd Couple | Mon., Sept. 20 | 5:45 p.m. | Derby Dinner Playhouse | $39+ | See comic mastermind Neil Simon play Oscar the slob and Felix the clean freak in this classic comedy. 🎭
Tues., Sept. 21
- Phoenix Hill NuLu Farmers Market | Tues., Sept. 21 | 3 p.m. | Phoenix Hill Neighborhood, 1007 E. Jefferson St. | Free | Pick-up local grown, delicious fruits, vegetables, + flowers. 🌼
- The Dead South | Tues., Sept. 21 | 8 p.m. | Manchester Music Hall | $26 | Catch this folk-bluegrass musical ensemble + Elliott BROOD. 🪕
- Anberlin | Tues., Sept. 21 | 6 p.m. | Mercury Ballroom | $29.50 | Don’t miss this early 2000s alt-rock band.
- Latin Night & Dancing | Tues., Sept. 21 | 6-9 p.m. | Logan Street Market | Free | Dance classes, drinks at the bar + food from vendors until 8. 💃
Wed., Sept. 22
- Mayday Parade | Wed., Sept. 22 | 6:30 p.m. | Mercury Ballroom | $29.50 | Catch this classic pop-punk band.
- The Riflemen | Wed., Sept. 22 | 6 p.m. | 3rd Turn Oldham Gardens | Free | Enjoy a whiskey filled Wednesday night in the gardens. 🥃
- Dogleg | Wed., Sept. 22 | 7-11 p.m. | 1512 Portland Ave. | $15 | Experience a fierce four-piece punk band from Chicago + Retirement Party.
Thurs., Sept. 23
- Louisville Metro Council Meeting | Thurs., Sept. 23 | 5 p.m. | Metro Council Chambers, 3rd floor of 601 W. Jefferson St. | Attend a meeting on redistricting.
- The 27th Annual House Tour | Thurs., Sept. 23 | 5-8 p.m. | Filson Historical Society, 1310 S. 3rd St. $150 | Tour the historic Old Louisville Ferguson Mansion + a rare whiskey toast. 🥃
- Melissa Etheridge | Thurs., Sept. 23 | 7 p.m. | Iroquois Amphitheatre | $45+ | Listen to the hits like “I’m the Only One” + “Come to My Window.” 🎶
- DAN + SHAY | Thurs., Sept. 23 | 7 p.m. | KFC Yum! Center | $20+ | Don’t miss this grammy-award winning duo.
- Let’s Get Back to Work Louisville: In-Person Job Fair | Thurs., Sept. 23 | 10:30 a.m.-5 p.m. | Triple Crown Pavilion, 1776 Plantside Drive | Free for jobseekers | Break out your business casual best, bring your resume + prepare to find your next opportunity. 💼
Fri., Sept. 24
- Parker Millsap | Fri., Sept. 24 | 8 p.m. | Headliners Music Hall | $18 | Catch this singer-songwriter with H.C. McEntire + snag tickets in advance for $16.
- Same As It Ever Was | Fri. Sept. 24 | 7 p.m. | Zanzabar | $12 | Get ready to burn down the house at this Talking Heads tribute. 🔥
Sat., Sept. 25
- Day on the Grounds | Sat., Sept. 25 | 4-8 p.m. | DeSales High School, 425 W. Kenwood Dr. | $65 | Sample bourbon, beers + cuisine highlighting the heritage and culture of Kentucky. 🥃
- Kids Market | Sat., Sept. 25 | 2:30-5:30 p.m. | 13060 Factory Ln. | Free | Support a young entrepreneur + shop their wares. 🧸
- Beginner Birding | Sat., Sept. 25 | 10 a.m.-12 p.m. | Louisville Nature Center | $15 | Grab your binoculars + head out on a hike with an experienced naturalist + birdwatcher to identify some of Lou’s birds. 🦅
- Culinary Series: Mindful Living in the Garden | Sat., Sept. 25 | 9-10:30 a.m. | Avish Estate, 5224 Avish Ln, Harrods Creek, KY | $35 | Invite mindfulness into your day + learn to make smoothie bowls with produce from your garden. 🍓
Sun., Sept. 26
- Racing Louisville FC Home Game | Sun., Sept. 26 | 3 p.m. | Lynn Family Stadium | $15+ | Watch Racing Louisville FC take on Houston Dash. ⚽
- Fall Antiques Market | Sun., Sept. 26 | 10 a.m.-4:30 p.m. | Historic Locust Grove, 561 Blankenbaker Ln. | $8 | Children under 12 get in for free. 🗝️
- Rob Schneider: I Have Issues Tour | Sun., Sept. 26 | 8 p.m. | Bomhard Theater, 501 W. Main St. | $40.95+ | See the comedian who was in literally every early 2000s movie in his latest tour. 🎭
Sept. 27- Oct. 3
Mon., Sept. 27
- Jxdn | Mon., Sept. 27 | 8 p.m. | Headliners Music Hall | $30 | Buy your tickets in advance for $27. 🎵
- Wine Education Night: Alsace | Mon., Sept. 27 | 7-9 p.m. | Nouvelle Bar & Bottle | $45 | Try 4 different pours with a walkthrough by Nouvelle’s sommelier John. 🍷
Tues., Sept. 28
- AJR-The OK Orchestra Tour | Tues., Sept. 28 | 7:30 p.m. | The Louisville Palace | $49+ | Listen to this New York trio of brothers on tour with support from Daisy the Great.
- The East End Farmer’s Market | Tues., Sept. 28 | 3:30-6:30 p.m. | 13060 Factory Ln. | Free | This weekly farmer’s market also operates on Saturdays + hosts a number of local vendors. 🍅
- Time Management: How To Avoid Wasting Time | Tues., Sept. 28 | 2-3 p.m. | Virtual | Free | Sharpen your time management skills, avoid procrastination + prioritize tasks through this online course. 🧠
- Getting Started With Essential Oils | Tues., Sept. 28 | 7-8 p.m. | Moxy Louisville Downtown, 100 W. Washington St. | Discover the unique properties + advantages of working with essential oils. 🕯️
- Tacos and Tunes with Matt Waters | Tues., Sept. 28 | 7 p.m. | Tin Roof | Free | Get your taco Tuesday fix + live music. 🌮
Wed., Sept. 29
- Community Yoga at Douglass | Wed., Sept. 29 | 6:45-7:45 p.m. | Douglass Community Center, 2305 Douglass Blvd. | Hold your posture in this Yin-style flow. 🧘
- JackieVision | Wed., Sept. 29 | 7 p.m. | Play Louisville | $20+ | See RuPaul’s Drag Race Queen Jackie Cox in her one-woman show + stay for a meet and greet after. 💃
- Open Mic Night | Wed., Sept. 29 | 7:30 p.m. | The Comedy Caravan | $5 | Get there 10-15 minutes before showtime.
- The Mousetrap | Wed., Sept. 29 | 7:45 p.m. | Derby Dinner Playhouse | $44 | Doors open at 5:45 p.m. with dinner service running until 7:10 p.m.
Thurs., Sept. 30
- The Crashers | Thurs., Sept. 30 | 5 p.m. | KFC Yum! Center | Free | Part of the Pepsi Plaza series, see The Crashers + roving performances from Cirque Louie. 🎸
- Ward Davis | Thurs., Sept. 30 | 8 p.m. | Headliners Music Hall | $25 | Get tickets in advance and they’re $20.
- Into the Bluegrass: Art & Artistry of Kentucky’s Historic Icons | Thurs., Sept. 30 | 6 p.m. | The Filson Historical Society | Free | Learn about Kentucky’s significance in the westward expansion of America. 🐎
- $5 Buck Bluegrass | Thurs., Sept. 30 | 7-10 p.m. | Belle of Louisville Riverboats, 401 W. River Rd. | $5 | Party wharfside to the Mary M. Miller at this 21+ event. 🛥️
- Jack O’Lantern Spectacular | Thurs., Sept. 30 | 7:30 p.m. | Iroquois Amphitheater | $12+ | Prices vary for age groups + day of the week, but you’ll definitely want to buy tickets in advance as organizers expect sold-out weekends. 🎃
- Tai Ji at the Gardens | Thurs., Sept. 30 | 6:30-7:30 p.m. | Graeser Family Education Center, Waterfront Botanical Gardens | $15 | Members at the gardens can get tickets for $10 with code, “WBGMEMBER” at checkout.
Fri., Oct. 1
- Classics: A Concert for Unity | Fri., Oct. 1 | 8 p.m. | The Kentucky Center for the Performing Arts | $31.59+ | Celebrate unity with Valerie Coleman, a local guest artist set + Tchaikovsky’s Sixth Symphony. 🎻
- St. James Court Art Show | Oct.1-3 | 10 a.m.-6 p.m. | Historic Old Louisville | Free | Louisville’s favorite art show is back for its 65th year in 2021, rain or shine. 🎨
- Ryan Niemiller | Fri., Oct. 1 | 7:30 p.m. | Planet of the Tapes | $25 | See the America’s Got Talent Season 14 comedian discuss dating, trying to find employment + attempting to find acceptance in the world.
- Weekly Food Truck Fridays | Fri., Oct. 1 | 6:30-8:30 p.m. | Norton Commons North Village Market | Free | Get a bite of something yummy at this weekly food truck pop-up. 🍢
Sat., Oct. 2
- Louisville Taco & Margarita Festival | Sat., Oct. 2 | 11 a.m.-6 p.m. | Lynn Family Stadium | $10 | Savor a variety of food and drinks, including a mimosa and full-service bar. 🌮
- Pups & Pumpkins | Sat., Oct. 2 | 12 p.m.-4 p.m. | PG&J’s Dog Park Bar, 800 Baxter Ave. | Free | Wag your tail with adoptable pups, brews on tap, food trucks + more.
- Hot Wheels Monster Trucks Live | Sat., Oct. 2 | 12:30 p.m. | KFC Yum! Center | $29+ | See Hot Wheels trucks come to life with a second show at 7:30 p.m.
- Oktoberfest Bar Crawl | Sat., Oct. 2 | 3-10 p.m. | 411 S. 4th St. | $12+ | Each ticket holder will receive a liter Das Boot + a lanyard for entry and drink and food discounts. 🍺
- Harvest Homecoming Festival | Sat., Oct. 2 | 2:30 p.m. | Downtown New Albany | Free | Cross the bridge for this annual event, with the Harvest Homecoming Parade beginning at 3 p.m. 🌾
- The Kindness Warrior Walk | Sat., Oct. 2 | 9-11:30 a.m. | Waterfront Park, Festival Plaza | $21 | Earn your walk t-shirt by raising at least $21 per individual or $21 per team member. 🚶♀️
- Foxhollow Farm Presents: Sunset Concerts | Sat., Oct. 2 | Foxhollow Farm, 8905 Highway 329 | $40 | Enjoy live music, farm-fresh food + libation with entertainment from Backseat Tambourine, Zach Price, and The Dive. 🐄
Sun., Oct. 3
- Kentucky Wedding Show | Sun., Oct. 3 | 2-4 p.m. | Goshen Farm Event Center, 2800 Belknap Farm Rd. | Free | Plan for your (or someone else’s) special day + enter to win a number of exciting giveaways. 💒
- Walk the MAC | Sun., Oct. 3 | Mellwood Art Center, 1860 Mellwood Avenue | Free | Music, art, antiques, collectible cars + more will be available for your perusing pleasure at this monthly event. 🎭
- Louisville Virtual Game Night: Trivia, Charades, and Drawing over Video | Sun., Oct. 3 | Virtual | Free | Have an epic game night playing games + talking smack with your favorite competitors. 🕹️
- One Team Scavenger Hunt Louisville | Sun., Oct. 3 | 131 W. River Rd. | $19.99+ | Get a scavenger hunt, an adventure race, and an informative self-guided tour all in one. 🗺️