October is here and it’s more alive than Frankenstein.
While we’re excited for annual October classics like the St. James Court Art Fair and Boo at the Zoo, we’re also looking forward to retro Halloween movies at the Sauerback Drive-In, a new supernatural exhibit at the Speed Art Museum + the final games of the 2021 Louisville City FC and Racing Louisville FC season.
Read on for all the top events happening this month to get you in the fall spirit here in Derby City.
Monday-Sunday, October 4-10
Monday, Oct. 4
- Addams Family 2 | Mon., Oct. 4-Tues., Oct. 5 | 8 p.m. | Sauerbeck Family Drive-In | $11+ | Catch the 2021 cartoon of the Addams Family followed by the 1991 original movie “Addams Family” movie.
- Trivia Night | Mondays | 7-9 p.m. | Gravely Brewing | Free | Battle between ABV and IQ at this weekly trivia night.
Tuesday, Oct. 5
- Blooms ‘N Brushes | Tues., Oct. 5 | 7-9 p.m. | Waterfront Botanical Gardens | $50 | Channel your inner Bob Ross as you learn to paint a fall landscape in this acrylic paint class. 🎨
- Planning a Deer-Resistant Garden | Tues., Oct. 5 | 6-7:30 p.m. | Yew Dell Botanical Gardens | $20+ | Outsmart your neighborhood deer with plants, barriers + repellents that you’ll learn about in this class. 🦌
- On Pace to Prosper Luncheon | Tues., Oct. 5 | 10:30 a.m.-1 p.m. | Norton Healthcare Sports & Learning Center | Join business and community leaders from 230+ organizations and gain insight on what it takes to go further in business and in life.
Wednesday, Oct. 6
- Retro Wednesday | Wed., Oct. 6 | 8 p.m. | Sauerbeck Family Drive-in | $10 | Catch a double feature screening of Rocky Horror Picture Show + Little Shop of Horrors. 🪴
- The Turn of the Screw | Wed., Oct. 6-31 | 7:30 p.m. | Kentucky Shakespeare, 616 Myrtle St. | $20 | Get scared at this 2-actor rendition of the classic Henry James novella. 👻
- Chair Yoga | Wed., Oct. 6 | 10-11 a.m. | Waterfront Botanical Gardens | $15 | Stretch in this class geared towards beginners, retirees + those with limited mobility and flexibility. 🪑
- Community input for Central Park Enhancements | Wed., Oct. 6 | 6:30-7:30 p.m. | Central Park | Free | Provide your input on the Central Park enhancements.
- Lavender Legion Watch Party | Wed., Oct. 6 | 7:30-10:30 p.m. | Hi-Wire Brewing Louisville | Free | Drink pitcher and liter specials during the watch party for Racing Louisville. ⚽
Thursday, Oct. 7
- KFC Yum! Center Pepsi Plaza Concert Series | Thurs., Oct. 7 | 5 p.m. | KFC Yum! Center | Free | This installment of the weekly concert series features Louisville band, The Jesse Lees.
- An Evening with Hammerheads | Thurs., Oct. 7 | 6:30-8:30 p.m. | Cooking at Millie’s | $105 | Learn how to cook crab cakes, chicken and waffles, and bourbon peanut butter cups with Hammerheads Chef Shayne Griley + price includes a bottle of wine. 🧑🍳
Friday, Oct. 8
- Kentuckiana Pride Festival and Parade | Fri.-Sat., Oct. 8-9 | 7 p.m. | Waterfront Park, Big Four Lawn | $5 | Festivities for this annual LGBTQ+ weekend begin at noon on Saturday. 🏳️🌈
- The Enchanted Forest Brouhaha | Fri.-Sat., Oct. 8-9 | Time | 41 W. 1st St., New Albany, IN | Cost | Rock out at this 2-day indie festival put on by Floyd County Brewing Co.
- Dwight Yoakam | Fri., Oct. 8 | The Louisville Palace | 8 p.m. | $59+ | See Pikeville, Kentucky’s finest, who also pioneered the “Honky Tonk” style of country music. 🪕
- Cast A Magic Circle | Fri., Oct. 8 | 6-9 p.m. | Revelry Boutique + Gallery, 742 E. Market St. | Free | See local artist Irene Mudd’s solo exhibition debut on display until Nov. 1. 🎨
Saturday, Oct. 9
- LouisvilleCon | Sat., Oct. 9 | 10 a.m.-5 p.m. | Triple Crown Pavilion, 1780 Plantside Dr. | $20 | Check out Derby City’s own comic convention, which includes comic books, toys, pop culture, anime + more. 🤖
- Louisville City FC vs. Sporting KC II | Sat., Oct. 9 | 7:30 p.m. | Lynn Family Stadium | $17 | Cheer on the team as they take on these players from Kansas City. ⚽
- Garvin Gate Blues Festival | Sat., Oct. 9 | 500 W. Oak Street | Free | Enjoy a lineup of local + national musicians for this beloved annual musical celebration. 🎺
- Nate the Great | Sat., Oct. 9 | Derby Dinner Playhouse | $17+ | See the world’s greatest boy detective in this show suitable for children ages 3-12. 🔎
- MELANnaire Marketplace | Sat., Oct. 9 | 12-6 p.m. | Fourth Street Live! | Free | Come eat and shop at local Black-owned businesses with music by DJ Nerdd Boi. 🛍️
- Glass Blowing: Behind the Scenes Experience | Sat., Oct. 9 | 4:30-6:30 p.m. | Flame Run Studio | $100 | Learn about glass artist Brook White process + create your own take-home decorative glass bowl. 🔥
- Macro Photography: The Small but Beautiful World | Sat., Oct. 9 | 10 a.m.-1 p.m. | Louisville Nature Center | $85 | Learn how to get the most out of your camera photographing the small parts of the world. 🪲
- MakerPlace Workshop: Screen Print Candy Bag | Sat., Oct. 9 | 1 p.m. | Kentucky Science Center | $20 | Children 8 and older can create the perfect candy bag this spooky season + learn the art of screen printing.
- Logan Under Lights | Sat., Oct. 9 | 5-9 p.m. | Logan Street Market | Free | Celebrate the arts with this monthly gallery walk, which includes food vendors, breweries + live music.
- Gourdy’s Pumpkin Run 5K | Sat., Oct. 9 | 8 a.m. | Mulberry Orchard, 1330 Mulberry Pike, Shelbyville, KY | $39+ | Breeze by hundreds of apple trees as you run on the soft, mostly flat grounds of the orchard. 🏃♀️
- Fall Door Hanger Workshop | Sat., Oct. 9 | 1-3 p.m. | Work the Metal, 1201 Story Ave. | $73.14 | Paint, use stencils, ribbon, and more to customize your own seasonal door hanger.
- Nature Detective | Sat., Oct. 9 | 10 a.m.-12 p.m. | Louisville Nature Center | Free | This kid-friendly program explores the forest looking for tracks, scat + other signs of wildlife.
- Decade of Debauchery | Sat., Oct. 9 | 12-10 p.m. | 401 E. Main St. | Free | Celebrate 10 years of Against the Grain Brewery with $5 beer + $10 plates of food, with a portion of proceeds going toward local charity, APRON, INC.
Sunday, Oct. 10
- iNauralist SEEK Seasonality Challenge | Sun., Oct. 10 | 10 a.m.-12 p.m. | Louisville Nature Center | $15 | Learn how to use your phone as a tool for identifying species at Beargrass Creek Nature Preserve.
- Home Run Halloween | Sun., Oct. 10 | 11 a.m.-4 p.m. | Louisville Slugger Museum | Prices vary | Kids’ admission is half off every Sunday until Halloween + visitors will get special-edition mini bats and pre-packaged candy.
- Lil Baby: The Back Outside Tour | Sun., Oct. 10 | 7 p.m. | KFC Yum! Center | $39.50+ | See Lil Baby + Lil Durk as they perform hits off their recent collaborative album, “The Voice of the Heroes,” which debuted at No. 1 on the Billboard 200 chart. 🎤
- An Autumn Afternoon Concert on the Ohio with The Monarchs | Sun., Oct. 10 | 1-5 p.m.
| 7410 Moorman Rd. | Suggested $10 donation | The show starts at 2 p.m., so grab your lawn chairs and picnic blankets and enjoy this afternoon concert.
- 10-Taste Salute | Sun., Oct. 10 | 5:30-8:30 p.m. | The Cafe, 711 Brent St. | $110 | RSVP by Oct. 4 to celebrate the 10-year anniversary of Apron Inc. with this 5-course meal.
- Second Sundays: Happy Harvest | Sun., Oct. 10 | 1-2:30 p.m. | Graeser Family Education Center at Waterfront Botanical Gardens | $10+ | Children in grades K-2 are invited to this afternoon program to learn how crops are grown, harvested + preserved for the cold season and includes a craft.
- October Challenge 2021 | Sun., Oct 10-Sun., Oct. 24 | Times vary | Virtual | $21+ | Complete 1 or more virtual challenges in the Olmsted Parks + be entered to win special prizes.
- Louisville Coffee Trail | Sun., Oct. 10-Sat., Oct. 16 | All day | Locations vary | Prices vary | Get drink specials, discounts for participants + a grand prize when you grab a coffee at 1 of 12 local shops.
Monday-Sunday, October 11-17
Monday, Oct. 11
- University Jazz Repertory Ensembles | Mon., Oct.11-12 | 7 p.m. | UofL’s Bird Hall, 150 W. Brandeis Ave. | Free | Enjoy a performance from faculty + students at the University of Louisville School of Music. 🎼
- Monday Funday Family Day | Mon., Oct.11-12 | 11 a.m.-2 p.m. | Frazier History Museum | Museum admission | Children of all ages + their families can enjoy crafts, scavenger hunts, kid-friendly tours, and storytime.
- Monday Mic | Mondays | 8-10 p.m. | Planet of the Tapes | Free | Get a laugh at this weekly comedy show that blends new + veteran comics.
Tuesday, Oct. 12
- Pilates in the Gardens | Tues., Oct. 12 | 6:30-7:30 p.m. | Waterfront Botanical Gardens | $15 | Learn the principles of pilates movement during a 60-minute mat class that is appropriate for all levels + a view of the gardens. 🌼
- NEEDTOBREATHE: Into the Mystery Tour | Tues., Oct. 12 | 7 p.m. | The Louisville Palace | $39+ | Catch this American Christian rock band from Seneca, South Carolina.
- Archiving Architecture | Tues., Oct. 12 | 12 p.m. | Virtual | Free | Get a behind-the-scenes glimpse of the Filson’s architectural archives, presented by the interns who worked with the collections this year.
Wednesday, Oct. 13
- Shade Tree Workshop | Wed., Oct. 13 | 9:30 a.m.-3 p.m. | Yew Dell Botanical Gardens | $75 | Spend a glorious fall day in the garden talking about trees with lunch provided.
Thursday, Oct. 14
- Live Music: Chase Skinner | Thurs., Oct. 14 | 6 p.m. | Fourth Street Live! | Free | Enjoy picnic-style seating throughout Fourth Street Live! for the show + games, cold beer, cocktails and great eats.
- Wallace Garner III Presents Jazz Goes West | Thurs., Oct. 14 | 7:30-10 p.m. | Kentucky Center for African American Heritage | $60+ | Hiroshima and Adam Hawley kick off the first concert in the Jazz Goes West series.
- Jimmie Allen | Thurs., Oct. 14 | 7 p.m. | PBR Louisville, 432 S. 4th St. | $15 | See this country star as part of the iHeart Radio Country Concert series.
- Fall Fashion Show | Thurs., Oct. 14 | 5:30-7 p.m. | Tunie’s, 1201 Herr Ln #150 | $20 | Kick off your fashionable evening with wine and hors d’oeuvres + after the show get exclusive shopping deals right off the runway.
Friday, Oct. 15
- Yoga at the Gardens | Fri., Oct. 15 | 7:30-8:30 a.m. | Waterfront Botanical Gardens | $15 | Start your morning + weekend off with yoga in the gardens. 🧘
- After Hours at the Speed | Fri., Oct. 15 | 5-10 p.m. | Speed Art Museum | $20 | Enjoy a paranormal night at the museum with music, performances, cash bar + food from Wiltshire Pantry. 🖼️
- Movies in the Park: Goosebumps | Fri., Oct. 15 | 7:20 p.m. | St. Matthews Community Park, 310 Ten Pin Ln. | Free | Gates open at 6:20 p.m. + come dressed in your Halloween costume for a special costume contest. 👻
- Grateville 2021 A celebration of all things Dead | Fri.,Oct. 15-Sun., 17 | 5 p.m.-3 a.m. | High Horse, 1032 Story Ave. | $40 | Calling all Deadheads for this Grateful Dead tribute weekend. 🎸
- Elvis Costello & The Imposters | Fri., Oct. 15 | 8 p.m. | The Louisville Palace | $29+ |
- Bones, Barrel, and Brews | Fri., Oct. 15 | 6:30-10:30 p.m. | WaterStep, 625 Myrtle St. | $100+ | Enjoy bourbon and beer tastings, live music, dinner while supporting WaterStep’s mission to save lives with safe water and health education.
- Beer Garden at Shelby Park | Fri., Oct. 15 | 5-9 p.m. | Shelby Park | Bring your blankets, your chairs, your crew, your kids + your pups for this West Sixth Brewing-sponsored event benefiting Olmsted Parks.
Saturday, Oct. 16
- The Velvet Underground | Sat., Oct. 16-Sun. Oct.17 | Speed Art Museum | $12+ | Watch 1 of 3 screenings of the film featuring in-depth interviews + never-before-seen performances from the band.
- Racing Louisville FC vs. Orlando Pride | Sat., Oct. 16 | Lynn Family Stadium | $12+ | Watch Racing Louisville take on this team from Florida. ⚽
- Shop Bar 2 Year Anniversary | Sat., Oct. 16 | 5 p.m.-1 a.m. | Shop Bar | Free | Come celebrate 2 years of Shop Bar with food from Poco, music by DJ Craig DFunder, Shop Bar freebies, drink specials + more.
- MakerPlace Workshop: Pumpkin Painting | Sat., Oct. 16 | 1 p.m. | Kentucky Science Center | $20 | Take home a one-of-a-kind pumpkin artwork perfect for your front porch.
- Wilderness Louisville Forest Adventure | Sat., Oct. 16 | 2-8 p.m. | Jefferson Memorial Forest Environmental Education Center, 12304 Holsclaw Hill Rd. | Camping is $15 | Enjoy this festival-style campout with archery, guided spooky hikes, pumpkin decorating, hay rides, live music + community bonfire. 🏕️
Sunday, Oct. 17
- New Lens with Jamie Monck | Sun., Oct. 17 | 7-8 p.m. | 21c Museum Hotel | Free | This music series is free but requires a reserved ticket to listen to the avant-garde guitar music from Jamie Monck. 🎶
- Via Colori Street Painting Festival | Sun., Oct. 17 | 10 a.m.-6 p.m. | Big Four Lawn | Free | Engage with 100+ artists’ large scale works on the sidewalks of Waterfront Park + festivities to support the Girl Scouts of Kentuckiana. 🖌️
- Archaeology Day at Riverside | Sun., Oct. 17 | 1-4 p.m. | Riverside, the Farnsley-Moremen Landing, 7410 Moorman Rd. | Free | Connect with your inner Indiana Jones via an archaeology dig, artifact washing + behind-the-scenes tour of the historic Farnsley-Moreman House. ⛏️
Monday-Sunday, October 18-24
Monday, Oct. 18
- The Unlikely Candidates | Mon., Oct. 18 | 7 p.m. | Zanzabar | $12 | This indie rock band from Keller, TX takes the stage at 8 p.m. + Mike Mains & the Branches. 🎸
- Albert Bichot 5 Course Wine Dinner | Mon., Oct. 18 | 6-9 p.m. | LouVino: Highlands | $85 | Taste your way through wines from Albert Bichot estates in Burgundy, France paired with a French inspired menu by Louvion Chef Alex Parker. 🍷
- Kooky Little Spooky Halloween Party | Mon., Oct. 18 | 5-7 p.m. | Shawnee Public Library, 3912 W. Broadway | Free | Ages 2-8 can come in costume to this Halloween party with games, music + snacks. 🎃
- Haunted Houses of Louisville | Mon., Oct. 18 | 6:30-7:30 p.m. | Fairdale Public Library, 10620 W. Manslick Rd. | Free | Steve Wiser will tell stories about some of the best known ghost-related occurrences in the metro region. 👻
Tuesday, Oct. 19
- Hocus Pocus: A Spooktacular Event | Tues., Oct. 19 | 6:30-9 p.m. | West Sixth NuLu, 817 E Market St. Suite 101 | $20 | Get spooky + get a trick or treat bag at the door with prizes to win during the night. 👻
- Reliable Plant 2021 | Tues.-Thurs., Oct. 19-21 | time | Kentucky International Convention Center | $1,399+ | Be in the know for innovations in machine-related industries through this 3-day conference.
- Charleston Open Source Virtual Career Fair | Tues., Oct. 19 | 11 a.m.-12:30 p.m. | Virtual | Free | Meet some of Charleston’s top tech companies and learn more about available positions + how to grow your career in Charleston’s tech industry. Ⓟ
Wednesday, Oct. 20
- Chair Yoga | Wed., Oct. 20 | 10-11 a.m. | Waterfront Botanical Gardens | $15 | Stretch in this class geared towards beginners, retirees +, and those with limited mobility and flexibility. 🪑
- Savory Sweet Potatoes | Wed., Oct. 20 | 6-7:30 p.m. | Waterfront Botanical Gardens | $25+ | Learn from Chef Nikkia Rhodes as she demonstrates how to prepare sweet potato hash with sweet potato biscuits + fall cocktail.
Thursday, Oct. 21
- 2021 Louisville Film Society Short Film Slam | Thurs., Oct. 21 | 7-8 p.m. | Speed Art Museum | $12 | Watch short works from local filmmakers followed by a Q&A. 🎞️
- Natural History | Thurs., Oct. 21 | 5:30-7:30 p.m. | Louisville Nature Center | $10 | Unearth evidence of the past at the Beargrass Creek State Nature Preserve.
Friday, Oct. 22
- WFPK Presents John Paul White | Fri., Oct. 22 | 8 p.m. | Zanzabar | $16 | Seating is first-come, first-served at this solo acoustic show.
- Silent Disco at Hi-Wire | Fri., Oct. 22 | 8 p.m.-12 a.m. | Hi-Wire Brewing, 642 Baxter Ave. | $5 | Dance ’til you drop to celebrate the start of Louisville Beer Week.
Saturday, Oct. 23
- Dead Of Night & The Dark Market: A Night Like This | Sat., Oct. 23 | 8 p.m. | Art Sanctuary, 1433 South Shelby St. | $5 | Get there before 10 p.m. and entry to this tribute show to The Cure is free. 🎶
- Green Heart Tree Planting | Sat., Oct. 23 | 9 a.m.-1 p.m. | Wyandotte Park | Free | Help Louisville Grows achieve its goal of planting 2,000 trees this fall.
- Louisville Earth Walk | Sat., Oct. 23 | 9 a.m. | Hogan’s Fountain at Cherokee Park | Free | Get outside and support of a vision of a city where every neighborhood has safe and clean water, air + soil.
- Plein Air Watercolor Workshop | Sat., Oct. 23 | 2-6 p.m. | Louisville Nature Center | Learn from Teresa Koester, a Scholastic National Art Award-winning teaching artist, as she conducts an afternoon of watercolor painting outdoors.
- MakerPlace Workshop: Halloween Decor Lantern Making | Sat., Oct. 23 | 1 p.m. | Kentucky Science Center | $20 | Design, build, and decorate your own Halloween décor + use it to light the night.
Sunday, Oct. 24
- Beginner Birding | Sun., Oct. 24 | 10 a.m.-12 p.m. | Louisville Nature Center | $15 | Identify Louisville’s beautiful bird species with naturalist Rosemary Bauman on this hike. 🐦
- 2021 Hayride on the Hill | Sun., Oct. 24 | 3:30-6:30 p.m. | Cherokee Park | Free | Enjoy guided hayrides around the park, live music + a kids’ free play experience.
Monday-Sunday, October 25-31
Monday, Oct. 25
- Spectacular Pumpkin Carving | Mon., Oct. 25 | 7-9 p.m. | Leslie Botanical Classroom at Waterfront Botanical Gardens | $30 | Learn pumpkin carving tips + tricks from 2 master carvers from Louisville’s Jack O’Lantern Spectacular while enjoying a hot beverage. ☕
Tuesday, Oct. 26
- Adult Wood Burning Art Workshop | Tues., Oct. 26 | 6-7 p.m. | Newburg Public Library, 4800 Exeter Ave. | Free | Try your hand at wood burning in this workshop geared towards adults 18 and older.
- Charley Crockett | Tues., Oct. 26 | 7 p.m. | Mercury Ballroom | $25 | Listen to this blues and country singer + Joshua Ray Walker.
- Halloween Maskmaking | Tues., Oct. 26 | 10:30 a.m.-12:30 p.m. | American Printing House for the Blind, 1839 Frankfort Ave. | Free | Admission is free but registration is required to attend this guided mask making program for adults + kids 6 and up.
- Trunk or Treat | Tues., Oct. 26 | 6-8 p.m. | Mercy Academy, 5801 Fegenbush Ln. | Free | Come dressed in costume + enjoy the family fun Halloween festivities. 🍬
Wednesday, Oct. 27
- Retro Wednesday | Wed., Oct. 27 | 7:30 p.m. | Sauerbeck Family Drive-In | $10 | Catch a showing of “Dawn of the Dead,” followed by “Return of the Living Dead.”
Thursday, Oct. 28
- Tai Ji at the Gardens | Thurs., Oct. 28 | 6:30-7:30 p.m. | Graeser Family Education Center, Waterfront Botanical Gardens | $15 | Improve your flexibility + balance during this low-impact, slow-motion exercise.
- Trick-or-Treat at the Village | Thurs., Oct. 28 | 5-7 p.m. | Westport Village | Free | Grab your kiddos + stroll door-to-door collecting sweet treats.
Friday, Oct. 29
- Beer Garden at Seneca Park | Fri., Oct. 29 | 5-9 p.m. | Seneca Park | Free | West Sixth will be pouring fresh beer from their draft trailer, along with music, lawn games + family-friendly activities.
- Pup-O-Ween Dog Costume Contest | Fri., Oct. 29 | 7 p.m.-12 a.m. | Hi-Wire Brewing + PG&J’s Dog Park | Free | Sign-up your furry friend in costume from 7-8:30 p.m. to be entered to win in different costume contest categories. 🐕
- Ultimate Halloween Fest Paristown | Fri., Oct. 29-31 | 5-11 p.m. | Paristown Hall | Free | Catch the Paristown Train, movies on the big screen, food and cocktails + more at this multi-day celebration.
Saturday, Oct. 30
- DIY Studio Workshop: Sugar Skull Planter | Sat., Oct. 30 | 5-6 p.m. | Leslie Botanical Classroom at Waterfront Botanical Gardens | $15 | Students in grades 6-12 can turn a simple sugar skull into a haunting home for a house plant during this 60-minute drop-off program. 💀
- MakerPlace Workshop: Spooky Paint Pouring | Sat., Oct. 30 | 1 p.m. | Kentucky Science Center | $20 | Explore the world of pour art with a special Halloween twist. 🎨
- Tailspin Ale Fest | Sat., Oct. 30 | 3-7 p.m. | Bowman Field | $50+ | Craft beer tasters are encouraged to drink in costume during the 8th annual beer fest. 🍺
- Walk Through the Wild | Sat., Oct. 30 | 9 a.m. | Louisville Zoo | $15+ | Support ChooseWell Communities in its biggest annual fundraising event with a spooky walk through the Zoo + prizes and a costume contest. 🦓
- Forcing Bulbs for Indoor Enjoyment | Sat., Oct. 30 | 10-11:30 a.m. | Leslie Botanical Classroom at Waterfront Botanical Gardens | $40 | Trick spring bulbs to perform as seasonal houseplants indoors. 🌷
- Louisville Civic Orchestra | Sat., Oct. 30 | 3-4 p.m. | Springdale Presbyterian Church, 7812 Brownsboro Rd. | Free | Listen to the city’s oldest continuously performing orchestra kick off its 106th season.
- Noogiefest | Sat., Oct. 30 | 1-4 p.m. | Gilda’s Club Kentuckiana, 2440 Grinstead Dr. | Free | Come in costume + enjoy treats, games, and crafts outdoors.
- Coat Check Halloween Freak for All | Sat., Oct. 30 | 9 p.m. | The Whirling Tiger, 1335 Story Ave. | $10 | Celebrate Halloween at this 21+ event at Against the Grain’s newest venue + a costume contest, DJs, themed cocktails, and beer.
- Norton Commons Fall Festival | Sat., Oct. 30 | 2-5 p.m. | Norton Commons | Free | Celebrate all things fall. 🍁
- CarnEVIL Halloween Party | Sat., Oct. 31 | 8 p.m. | Fourth Street Live! | Free | Get scary for this 21+ Halloween party + check out VIP tickets for drink specials.
- Halloween Night Hike | Sat., Oct. 30 | 6:30-8:30 p.m. | Louisville Nature Center | $5 | Throw on a trail-friendly costume + explore the mysterious forest at night in this all-ages program.
- Halloween for Huntington’s | Sat., Oct. 30 | 8 p.m.-1 a.m. | Mercury Ballroom | $35+ | Break out your “Thriller” moves for this Halloween dance party benefiting the KY Chapter of the Huntington’s Disease Society. 👻
Sunday, Oct. 31
- A Saucy Halloween w/ The Bizarre Bazaar | Sun., Oct. 31 | 8 p.m. | Zanzabar | $10+ | Get freaky at this drag, burlesque + sideshow spooktacular.
- KRM Live at 21c: Tiny Lobby Concert Series | Sun., Oct. 31 | 5-6 p.m. | 21c Museum Hotel Louisville | Free | Hear Fernando Moya perform + purchase a cocktail from Proof to support Cocktails for a Cause.
- Boo Dell at Yew Dell! | Sun., Oct. 31 | 2-4 p.m. | Yew Dell Botanical Gardens | Trek the Trail of Treats and see roaming magicians, a performance by School of Rock Louisville + other surprises.
- Paint Pouring Workshop with Kandy | Sun., Oct. 31 | 2-5 p.m. | The Resource Room, LLC in Mellwood Art Center | $30+ | Learn step-by-step how to create art using Acrylic Flow Technique in this hands-on workshop led by Kandy of Eye Kandy Creations.
All month long
- Boo at the Zoo | Thurs., Oct. 4-Sun., Oct. 31 | 5-10 p.m. | Louisville Zoo | Free with admission | Put on your spooky best for this beloved, Halloween walkthrough of the zoo.