New year, new LOU.
Whether you’re looking to get active with a local running club, are counting down the weeks to Jason Isbell and the 400 Unit’s show at the Louisville Palace, or you just want to get out and about more, we’ve got a whole new month’s worth of events for you. We’re particularly excited for Taylor Swift Night at the Mercury Ballroom, Champagne Wine Class at LouVino + the BrickUniverse LEGO Fan Convention at the Kentucky International Convention Center.
Scroll on and envision your 2022 starting on day one.
Note: COVID-19 protocols are changing rapidly to curb the spread of the Omicron variant in MKT. Please make sure to check event listing pages + venue websites for the most up-to-date information.
Saturday, Jan. 1
- New Year’s Day Brunch Buffet | Sat., Jan. 1 | 12-2 p.m. | Club K9, 9316 Taylorsville Rd. | $15 | Start 2022 off with a home-cooked brunch + hair of the dog mimosa and bloody mary specials.
- Noon Years Party | Sat., Jan. 1 | 10 a.m.-2 p.m. | Kentucky Science Center | Included with admission | Enjoy NYE activities + catch the finale atrium show on the electromagnetic spectrum with a 10-second countdown to the noon year.
- New Year’s Day with Muzzy Bearr & Whistleface | Sat., Jan. 1 | 8 p.m. | Galaxie, 732 E. Market St. | $15+ | Bust a move in 2022 at this disco party. 🕺
Sunday, Jan. 2
- First Sunday Nature Hike | Sun., Jan. 2 | 2-3:30 p.m. | Bernheim Forest | $8+ | Follow a naturalist on a lengthy, guided hike through the arboretum. 🥾
- Louisville On Tap | Sun., Jan. 2 | 12-7 p.m. | Falls City Beer | $195 | With transportation provided for you, let your worries fall to the wayside during this three-stop beer and spirits tour.
- Alpine Moon | Sun., Jan. 2 | 2-4 p.m. | Pinot’s Palette, 291 N. Hubbards Ln. | $29 | Moon, trees, and snow — paint this wintery scene while you sip on wine so much fun for all ages. 🎨
- Chess of the Wind (Shatranj-e Baad) | Sun., Jan. 2 | 1 p.m. | Speed Art Museum | $8+ | Come see this historic gem that was only screened once publicly before it was banned. 🎥
Monday, Jan. 3
- Feet to the Fire Writers’ Workshops | Mon., Jan. 3 | 7-8:30 p.m. | Virtual | $225 | Level up your writing skills in the new year with professional authors. ✍️
- Swing Street Band | Mon., Jan. 3 | 6:30-8:30 p.m. | KingFish, 3021 River Rd. | Free | Dig into a seafood platter in a jazzy atmosphere.
Tuesday, Jan. 4
- Fiction Writing Class and Workshop | Tues., Jan. 4 | 6:30-8:30 p.m. | St. Matthews-Eline Branch Library | Free | Gain valuable insights from Stephen King’s book, “On Writing A Memoir of the Craft,” to help you publish your first work of fiction. ✍️
- The Work of Fashion: Laboring Women and the Politics of Dress | Tues., Jan. 4 | 12-1 p.m. | The Filson Historical Society | $15 | Learn how the role of women in the fashion industry shaped how we dress. 👗
- Trail Tuesday | Tues., Jan. 4 | 5:30-7:30 p.m. | Atrium Brewing, 1154 Logan St. | Free | Gather with fellow beer nerds + talk or drink your favorite styles. 🍺
Wednesday, Jan 5.
- Louisville Cards l vs. Pittsburgh Panthers | Wed., Jan. 5 | 7 p.m. | KFC Yum! Center | $10+ | See the Cards take on the Panthers, kids age two and under get in for free. 🏀
- Dining Out for Life | Wed., Jan. 5 | 7 a.m.-9 p.m. | Blue Dog Bakery & Café + Red Hog Butcher | Free | Blue Dog + Red Hog will be donating a portion of every purchase to House of Ruth, an organization dedicated to helping those with HIV/AIDS.
- Glow Fitness Party | Wed., Jan. 5 | 6-8 p.m. | Douglas Community Center, 2305 Douglas Blvd. | Free | Come dressed in your best neon + break a sweat at three different 30-minute sessions including cardio drumming. 🥁
Thursday, Jan. 6
- Ashley McBryde | Thurs., Jan. 6 | 8 p.m. | Brown Theatre | $25.74+ | Catch this Grammy-nominated country artist with special guest Priscilla Block. 🎸
- Jeff Sherman Duo | Thurs., Jan. 6 | 6-9 p.m. | Varanese Restaurant | Free | Hear this jazz duo while enjoying a bourbon flight + pistachio encrusted goat cheese.
- 502 Film: Behind the Scenes | Thurs., Jan. 6 | 11 a.m.-6 p.m. | Logan Street Market | Free | Learn about being a filmmaker in Louisville from breaking into the biz to navigating + understanding the new KY state tax incentives. 🎬
- Mat Alano-Martin | Thurs., Jan. 6-Sat., Jan. 8 | 7:30 p.m. | The Caravan | $17 | Laugh it out with this former touring rock and roll musician.
Friday, Jan. 7
- Kane Brown | Fri., Jan. 7 | 7 p.m. | KFC Yum! Center | $22+ | Catch this country and folk singer with Restless Road + Chase Rice.🎤
- Coffee Series Matinee: Yuja Wang Premieres Abrams Concerto | Fri., Jan. 7 | 11 a.m. | The Kentucky Center | $23.40+ | See this superstar pianist debut a concerto written by Louisville Orchestra Conductor Teddy Abrams a day ahead of the nighttime show. 🎹
- Cruel Intentions: The ’90s Musical | Fri., Jan. 7-Sat., Jan. 15 | 8 p.m. | Art Sanctuary, 1433 S. Shelby St. | $24 | See this musical based off the 19991999 American teen romantic drama film.
- Costumed Figure Drawing | Fri., Jan. 7 | 5:30-7:30 p.m. | Speed Art Museum | Free with admission | Ages 14+ can draw a live model dressed in a costume inspired by works in the museum.
Saturday, Jan. 8
- Story Immersion Adventure | Sat., Jan. 8 | 10 a.m.-12 p.m. | Louisville Nature Center | $5+ | Bring children’s stories to life at this immersive adventure through the Beargrass Creek Nature Reserve.
- The Dinner Detective | Sat., Jan. 8 | 6-9 p.m. | Embassy Suites, 501 S. 4th St. | $69.95 | Transform into a super sleuth at this comedic murder mystery dinner. 🔎
- Yuja Wang Premieres Abrams Concerto | Sat., Jan. 8 | The Kentucky Center | $49.14+ | Hear superstar pianist Yuja Wang premiere a concerto written by Louisville Orchestra Conductor Teddy Abrams + the Second Symphony of Sergei Rachmaninoff. 🎹
Sunday, Jan. 9
- Souper Soup Off | Sun., Jan. 9 | 3 p.m. | Air Devil’s Inn | $5 | If you think you have the ultimate soup recipe, enter before Jan. 2 for a chance to win a trophy and cash prize during the cook-off event. 🥣
- Kentucky Wedding Show | Sun., Jan. 9 | 1-4 p.m. | The Henry Clay | $10 | Pre-register to be automatically entered in 10+ door prizes from The Louisville Chocolate Fountain, Lloyd’s Florist + more. 💒
- Trail Discovery Hike: Pond Ridge Loop | Sun., Jan. 9 | 1-4 p.m. | Bernheim Forest | $12+ | Get familiar with Bernheim and its trail on this guided hike + learn about unique features along the way. 🥾
- Momix Viva Momix | Sun., Jan. 9 | 7 p.m. | Brown Theatre | $127 | Catch this dance group at the Brown Theatre. 🩰
- Trail Discovery Hike: Pond Ridge Trail | Sun., Jan. 9 | 1-4 p.m. | Bernheim Hiking Trail | $12+ | Discover this moderately difficult trail with the help of Bernheim’s experienced naturalists.🚶♀️
Monday, Jan. 10
- Mick Foley | Mon., Jan. 10 | 7:30 p.m. | Diamond Pub & Concert Hall | $30+ | Hear stories from the WWE wrestling legend Mick Foley.
Tuesday, Jan. 11
- UofL Trumpet Studio Alumni Recital | Tues., Jan. 11 | 8 p.m. | Comstock Concert Hall, 150 W. Brandeis Ave. | Free | The UofL trumpet alumni return to play their horns together. 🎺
- Tango Private Groups | Tues., Jan. 11 | 7-9 p.m. | Bourbon Tango, 2527 Broadmeade Rd. | Contact for details | Get the instruction of a private tango lesson for group class prices with an accelerated course for students. 💃
- Falls City Book Club | Tues., Jan. 11 | 7 p.m. | Main Library, 301 York St. | Free | Head to the library’s Board Room for a discussion on “We Have Always Lived in the Castle,” by Shirley Jackson. 📗
Wednesday, Jan. 12
- Stories in the Park | Wed., Jan 12 | 10 a.m. | Silver Street Park, 2043 Silver St., New Albany, IN | Free | Come to Silver Street Park for Snowmen-themed stories from the Floyd County Public Library 📚
Thursday, Jan. 13
- Sam Varga | Thurs., Jan. 13 | 8 p.m. | Zanzabar | $10 | See this Louisvillian’s homecoming show before the upcoming release of his next single “Ahead.” 🎸
- Michter’s Bourbon Dinner by Swizzle Dinner & Drinks | Thurs., Jan. 13 | 7-9 p.m. | Swizzle Dinner & Drinks | $150 | Chow down on a 5-course dinner with hand-selected bourbon + Swizzle favorites with the rotating wheel. 🥃
- All Occasions Cards | Thurs., Jan. 13 | 4-6 p.m. | Taylor County Public Library | Free | Learn how to make your own greeting cards for free instead of always trying to find the right ones on the shelves. ✉️
- Rich Ragains | Thurs., Jan. 13-Sat., Jan. 15 | 7:30 p.m. | The Caravan | $17 | Laugh with the hilarious Rich Ragains as he visits The Caravan.
Friday, Jan. 14
- Get a Good Look | Fri., Jan. 14 | 7 p.m. | Zanzabar | $20 | Catch a feel for this warm pastoral indie rock band with touches of psychedelia with their hit new album “Get a Good Look.” 🎸
- Jason Isbell and the 400 Unit | Fri., Jan. 14-Sat., Jan. 15 | 8 p.m. | Louisville Palace | $49.50 | Warm up those vocal chords with this alternative country + southern rock band. 🎤
- Savor the Season: Embracing Winter at Bernheim | Fri., Jan. 14 | 12-12:45 p.m. | Virtual | $12+ | Fill your lunch hour with this adult educational series where you’ll learn about winter wildlife + trees.
- Louisville Build, Renovate And Landscape Expo | Fri., Jan. 14-Sun., Jan. 16 | 2 p.m. | Kentucky International Convention Center | $4 | This home show will showcase all the latest innovations in homebuilding. 🏠
- Elvis Tribute Artist Spectacular | Fri., Jan. 14 | 8 p.m. | Brown Theatre | $26.03+ | See Elvis tribute artists at the Brown Theatre. 🎤
- Maple Tapping Workshop | Fri., Jan. 14 | 1 p.m. | University of Louisville Garden Commons | Free | Learn about sustainability with this tapping workshop. 🌳
- Lord of the Rings: The Fellowship of the Ring | Fri., Jan. 14 | 7-10 p.m. | Kentucky Science Center | $5+ | Watch Tolkien’s epic fantasy tale on an epically large screen. 🎥
Saturday, Jan. 15
- Jokes N Jazz | Sat., Jan. 15 | 7 p.m. | 21st Amendment Tavern | $25+ | With a combination of good music with fun comedy, you’re sure to have a fun-filled evening with laughs and jams to groove to. 🎸
- Pops Celebration: Irresistible John Williams | Sat., Jan. 15 | 8 p.m. | Kentucky Center for the Arts | $31.59 | Celebrate the 40th season of Bob Bernhardt as he shares his favorite music from one of his favorite composers, John Williams. 🎹
- Maple Tapping Workshop | Sat., Jan. 15 | 12-1 p.m. | Garden Commons | Free | Learn about the process of tapping maple trees + making maple syrups. 🌳
- ECO Kids Discovery Day | Sat., Jan 15 | 1-4 p.m. | Bernheim Forest | $10 per car | Connect with nature through hands-on discovery stations, story circles + a guided hike.
- Harlem Globetrotters | Sat., Jan. 15 | 6 p.m. | KFC Yum! Center | $23+ | See jaw-dropping moves + slam dunks from this globally-recognized team. 🏀
- Taylor Swift Night – A Taylor Swift Inspired Dance Party | Sat., Jan. 15 | 9 p.m. | Mercury Ballroom | $26+ | You know “All Too Well,” what this night will be about. 💃
- The 5th Annual Onesie Bar Crawl | Sat., Jan. 15 | 4 p.m.-11:59 p.m. | O’Shea’s Irish Pub | $10+ | Go through the comfiest bar crawl ever + an afterparty at Nowhere Bar after. 🥂
- Pop-Up Library: Wild Hops | Sat., Jan. 15 | 4 p.m. | Wild Hops, 1001 Logan St Suite #127 | Free | Get 50 points toward Books & Brews 502, the library’s adult winter reading program.
- MLK Culture Fest | Sat., Jan. 15-Sun., Jan. 16 | 12-6 p.m. | 416 W. Liberty St. | Free | Keep the dream alive at the MLK tribute with spoken word, live music + art, food court, and vendors.
Sunday, Jan. 16
- Drag Bingo | Sun., Jan. 16 | 7-9 p.m. | Tin Roof | $25 | With beer, cocktails, food, + too much hilarious fun with the Queen of Mean, you won’t get enough and with each ticket comes one free cocktail or draft beer. 🔴
- Winter Tree ID | Sun., Jan 16 | 10 a.m.-12 p.m. | Louisville Nature Center | TBD | Spruce up your tree identification skills on this 1.5-mile hike while the forest is in its winter sleep.
- Arts and Crafts with a Drag Queen | Sun., Jan. 16 | 2-5 p.m. | Creations Dance Centre | $10 | Get colorful with homemade slime with a fun Drag Queen with raffling off of some epic prizes. 🖌️
- Arm Balance Workshop | Sun., Jan. 16 | 11 a.m.-1 p.m. | The Yoga Matt LLC | $40 | Learn how to fly through balancing from a teacher who has practiced yoga for 20 years. 🧘
- Lost Dog Street Band | Sun., Jan. 16 | 8 p.m. | Zanzabar | $20 | Listen to this country-folk band at Zanzabar. 🎸
- Winter Tree ID | Sun., Jan. 16 | 10 a.m.-12 p.m. | Louisville Nature Center | $15 | Take a 1.5-mile hike with a navigator that will teach you all about the trees around you. 🌳
Monday, Jan. 17
- Champagne Wine Class | Mon., Jan. 17 | 6:30-8 p.m. | LouVino | $60 | Taste your way through the Champagne region of France with a personal charcuterie board. 🥂
- Stave and Thief | Mon., Jan. 17 | 9 a.m.-5:30 p.m. | Moonshine University, 801 S. 8th St. | $500 | Partake in the Executive Spirit Steward Programs for a day of hands-on learning complete with a complimentary training kit, a membership pin + challenge coin.
Tuesday, Jan. 18
- Nameless Catering Tasting | Tues., Jan. 18 | 6-8 p.m. | Story, 900 E. Main St. | Free | Save your spot for this limited tasting event showcasing Mexican, Italian + BBQ catering menus. 👨🍳
- Cats | Tues., Jan. 18-Sun., Jan. 23 | 7:30 p.m. | Whitney Hall at Kentucky Performing Arts| $47.39+ | Witness this record-breaking musical by famous composer Andrew Lloyd Webber. 🐈
- Nita Strauss | Tues., Jan. 18 | 7 p.m. | Diamond Concert Hall | $22 | Hear the touring guitarist for Alice Cooper with support from Black Satellite, Abby K + Julius. 🎤
Wednesday, Jan. 19
- Patty Griffin | Wed., Jan. 19 | 8 p.m. | Old Forester’s Paristown Hall | $30+ | This guitar player + pianist brings a stripped-down style of folk music that gives listeners a new love for the sound. 🎤
- 5 Course SIMI Wine Dinner | Wed., Jan. 19 | 6:30-9 p.m. | LouVino Douglass Hills, 11400 Main St. | $90+ | Experience rabbit cassoulet, prime rib + three more courses paired with SIMI Winery pours. 🍷
Thursday, Jan. 20
- Todd Barry | Thurs., Jan. 20 | 7 p.m. | Planet of the Tapes, 640 Barret Ave. | $25 | With three one-hour stand-up specials including a Netflix special, Todd has enough credentials to make your sides split. 🎭
- Moms Dinner Out | Thurs., Jan. 20 | 6:30 p.m. | Havana Rumba Middletown | Free | Join other Louisville moms + caretakers who have children with Type 1 Diabetes at this Camp Hendon-sponsored event.
- The Watercolors of Harlan Hubbard | Thurs., Jan. 20 | 6-7 p.m. | The Filson Historical Society | $15 | Learn all about Harlan Hubbard and his most famous pieces of art. 🎨
- 4th Annual Open House | Thurs., Jan. 20 | 5 p.m. | LUMA Spa & Beauty Studio | Free | Check out prizes + giveaways at this beauty spa. 💆
- John Paul White | Thurs., Jan. 20 | 8 p.m. | Zanzabar | $16+ | Hear this member of The Civil Wars play an acoustic solo show with support from Caleb Caudle. 🎤
- Davin Rosenblatt | Thurs., Jan. 20-Sat., Jan. 22 | 7:30 p.m. | The Caravan Comedy Club | $17 | Hear the host of “Davin’s Den,” perform his critically-acclaimed set. 🎭
Friday, Jan. 21
- The Mavericks | Fri., Jan. 21 | 8 p.m. | The Brown Theatre | $40.95+ | Hear the latest album from this cross-genre band that just celebrated their 30th anniversary. 🎸
- TEDxBellarmineU | Fri., Jan. 21 | 4-7 p.m. | Wyatt Hatt at Bellarmine University, 2001 Newburg Rd. | $5+ | Students beg the question, “Now What?” about this unprecedented time in human history.
- Celebrating Young Talent | Thurs., Jan. 21 | 7:30 p.m. | Ballard High School | $23.40 | Hear up-and-coming talent highlighted by the Louisville Orchestra. 🎼
Saturday, Jan. 22
- BrickUniverse LEGO Fan Convention | Sat., Jan. 22-Sun., Jan. 23 | 9:30 a.m.-4 p.m. | Kentucky International Convention Center | $15+ | Release the builder within at this convention which some call the ultimate LEGO lover’s paradise. 🧱
- Nature Journaling Workshop | Sat., Jan. 22 | 9:30 a.m.-4:30 p.m. | Bernheim Forest | $150+ | Construct a leather sketchbook + learn both sketching and watercolor techniques during this six-hour class. ✏️
- The Dinner Detective | Sat., Jan. 8 | 6-9 p.m. | Embassy Suites, 501 S. 4th St. | $69.95 | Transform into a super sleuth at this comedy murder mystery dinner. 🔎
- Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers | Fri., Jan. 14 | 7-10 p.m. | Kentucky Science Center | $5+ | Watch Tolkien’s epic fantasy tale on an epically large screen. 🎥
Sunday, Jan. 23
- Silent Meditation Retreat | Sun., Jan. 23 | 12:30-4 p.m. | Waterfront Botanical Gardens | $22+ | Explore mindfulness meditation practices from skillful teachers supported by the gardens, music + food. 🧘
- Louisville Orchestra Family Series: Peter & the Wolf | Sun., Jan. 23 | 3-4 p.m. | The Brown Theatre | $17.55 | Introduce the kids to the orchestra + go on an adventure with Peter and his friends portrayed by musical instruments. 🎺
- 6-Day Distiller Course | Sun., Jan. 23-Fri., Jan. 28 | 1-3 p.m. | Moonshine University | $6,250 | Learn from distillery + industry experts on how to lay the groundwork for starting a career in the distilling industry. 🥃
- Gin Cocktail Class | Sun., Jan. 23 | 6:30 p.m. | LouVino – The Highlands | $55+ | Create two cocktails using New Riff’s Kentucky Wild Gin + get a personal charcuterie board. 🍸
Monday, Jan. 24
- University of Louisville Kentucky Author Forum | 6 p.m. | Bomhard Theater, Kentucky Center for the Performing Arts | $30+ | Hear from Congressman Jamie Raskin + Dr. Fiona Hill with Rep. John Yarmuth as the master of ceremonies.
Tuesday, Jan. 25
- Clinton McCanless | Mon., Jan. 24 | 8 p.m. | Comstock Concert Hall, 150 W. Brandeis Ave. | Free | Catch the Visiting Assistant Professor of Tuba and Euphonium perform his award-winning solo act. 🎵
Wednesday, Jan. 26
- Sport, Boat, RV & Vacation Show | Wed., Jan. 26-Sun., Jan. 30 | 5-9 p.m. | Kentucky Exposition Center | $10 | Get a taste of boat life during this multi-brand exhibition. 🛥️
Thursday, Jan. 27
- Mitchell Tenpenny | Thurs., Jan. 27 | 7-11 p.m. | PBR Louisville at Fourth Street Live! | $15 | Catch this award-winning country music artist as part of the iHeatCountry concert series. 🎸
- FURSDAYS | Thurs., Jan. 27 | 5 p.m. | Logan Street Market | Free | Bring your pooch to Bourbon City Barkery for fun, pampering + drink specials. 🐶
Friday, Jan. 28
- Savor the Season: Embracing Winter at Bernheim | Fri., Jan. 28 | 12-12:45 p.m. | Virtual | $12+ | Fill your lunch hour with this adult educational series learning about winter wildlife + trees.
Saturday, Jan. 29
- Tommy Emmanuel | Sat., Jan. 29 | 8-9 p.m. | The Brown Theatre | $52.65+ | Listen to this Australian musician regarded as one of the best acoustic musicians of all time. 🎸
- The Rumors | Sat., Jan. 29 | 7-11 p.m. | Our Lady of Perpetual Hops, 300 Foundation Ct, New Albany, IN | Free | See one of the longest-running Southern Indiana cover bands + craft beer.
- Classics: Pines of Rome | Sat., Jan. 29 | 8 p.m. | The Kentucky Center | $31.59+ | See the “inexhaustible dynamo,” that is Guest Conductor Rei Hotoda as she leads four orchestral pieces.
- Fly | Sat., Jan. 29 | 7 p.m. | Carmichael’s Bookstore | Free | Join in the conversation about Brittany J. Thurman’s picture book “Fly.”
Sunday, Jan. 30
- Shakespeare’s R&J | Sun., Jan. 30 | 5:30-7:30 p.m. | Henry Clay Theatre | $25 | Fall in love with this modern adaptation of “Romeo and Juliet.” 🎭
- Beginner Birding | Sun., Jan. 30 | 11 a.m.-1 p.m. | Louisville Nature Center | $15 | Identify Louisville’s beautiful bird species + learn ID tips like field markings and vocalizations with an experienced naturalist. 🐦
Monday, Jan. 31
- Family Bunco | Mon., Jan. 31 | 6-7 p.m. | Bullitt County Public Library | Free | Roll the dice + hope for a bunco playing this classic dice game.