If we haven’t made this abundantly clear, we love our Louisville community. Seriously, we think y’all are the coolest, and because we think so highly of you, we want to hear your stories.
✍️ How to submit a story
- Write a story about a topic you love or know a lot about. We want the full story when you submit, not the idea or the outline.
- Go here + fill out the form with your name, social media handles (if you have ‘em), and upload your text and photos. Please be sure you have permission to use the photos you send us. If you didn’t take them, let us know who to credit.
- Give us 5 days to get back to you — we’ll let you know if we decide to publish it, when it will go out, and if any edits need to be made.
✍️ Stories we want
- We’re looking for passion pieces. Maybe you’re a cyclist and you have ideas for how to make the metro a friendlier place for bikes. Maybe you have a booth at The Flea Off Market and want to share which veggies are in season and how to use them in a recipe. Or maybe your great-grandma passed down a story about Louisville that needs to be told.
- Please include links in your story so readers can click out for more context. See our newsletter for examples of how this is done.
- We loooove photos + videos, and the more the better. Just please make sure we know who to credit.
Keep your story to 500 words or less. This doesn’t mean we won’t publish longer stories. Just be conscious of your word count.