Freeze the day. ❄️
It’s hard to believe that December is already here, but ’tis the season to believe in the holiday magic the end of the year brings.
While we’re excited about classics like the Louisville Ballet’s, “The Nutcracker,” and the $20 Art Show, we’re also looking forward to Mellwood Art Center’s three-day screen printing workshop and comedian Fortune Feimster coming to The Kentucky Center.
How ever you spend your month, we hope you have a winterful December.
Read on for all the top events happening this month in River City.
All month long
- Race Thru Hawaii 5k 10k 13.1. 26.2 | Wed., Dec. 1-Fri., Dec. 31 | Virtual | $20 | Run through Hawaii with 23,000 others from home this holiday season.
- Winter Woods Spectacular | Wed., Dec. 1-Fri., Dec. 31 | Iroquois Park | $35 | Experience this drive-thru winter wonderland with delightful scenery + beautiful twinkling lights during the holiday season.
- The Kings of Christmas | Thurs., Dec. 9-Thurs., Dec. 23 | The Bard’s Town, 1801 Bardstown Rd. | $17+ | The comedic kings return to the stage for their 11th year with new + fun twists for the 2021 holidays.
- The Nutcracker | Sat., Dec 11-Thurs., Dec. 23 | Kentucky Center for the Arts | $127+ | Catch this two-act, magical winter show performed by the Louisville Ballet.
- Paristown’s Fête De Noël | Fri., Nov. 26-Sun., Jan. 2 | Various times | Free | Brent Street Campus, 720 Brent St. | Skate at Louisville’s only authentic outdoor ice skating rink, shop local vendors at the market + enjoy holiday movie nights, karaoke + silent disco on ice. ⛸️
- Gardens Aglimmer | Thurs., Dec. 2-Sat., Dec. 18 | 5:30-9 p.m. | Waterfront Botanical Gardens | $10+ | Take in the sparkling winter wonderland with LED swans, snowflakes + visit Santa for a photo.
Wednesday-Sunday, Dec. 1-5
Wednesday, Dec. 1
- Wine & Workshops: Holiday Speed Fascinator Workshop | Wed., Dec. 1 | 6-8 p.m. | Judith M. Millinery Supply House, 115 E Main St, La Grange, KY | $60 | Learn how to create a holiday fascinator from a master milliner with wine provided. 🍷
- The Polar Express Experience | Wed., Dec. 1 | 6-8:30 p.m. | Sauerbeck Family Drive-In | $45+ | Take a journey through the drive-in North Pole with giant inflatables + treat stations followed by a screening of the film. 📽️
- Why DEI Efforts Are Good for Business | Wed., Dec. 1 | 12-1 p.m. | TEN20 Craft Brewery, 1020 E. Washington St. | $40 | Facilitate and encourage business expansion in Kentuckiana by hearing best practices from a panel of DEI experts. 🤝
- Renewable Energy Alliance of Louisville | Wed., Dec. 1 | 7-8:30 p.m. | Virtual | Free | See the progress towards bringing solar energy to Louisville during this meeting. ☀️
Thursday, Dec. 2
- Caffeinated & Vaccinated: Chat with your Chamber | Thurs., Dec. 2 | 9-10 a.m. | Metro Chamber of Commerce | Free | Network with Greater Louisville Inc. + get updates on what’s going on with Louisville Metro business. ☕
- Venardos Circus | Thurs., Dec. 2-Wed., Dec. 12 | 7 p.m. | Big Four Lawn at Waterfront Park | $15+ | Former Ringling Bros. Ringmaster Kevin Venardos brings an animal-free circus act mixed with a Broadway Musical-style show. 🎪
- Thursday Night Salon: Contemporary Figure Painting Roundtable | Thurs., Dec. 2 | 6-8 p.m. | Carnegie Center Gallery | Free | With complimentary wine + beverages served, five artists will come together to present their own work and images of historical inspiration for their work. 🎨
- Hedwig and the Angry Inch | Thurs., Dec. 2-Sun., Dec. 5 | 7-8:30 p.m. | Play Dance Bar | $25 | Come to this live 1998 broadway musical with Playmate Gilda Wabbit, Myranda Thomas + Yehudah Husband. 🎭
- Caring Customers Shopping Weekend | Thurs., Dec. 2-Sun., Dec. 5 | 10 a.m.-5 p.m. | Digs Home and Garden and Petals Boutique | Free | This boutique is giving back this holiday season with 10% of proceeds going to the Leukemia and Lymphoma Society + the Kentucky Humane Society.
- Holiday Open House | Thurs., Dec. 2 | 5-8 p.m. | Kentucky Derby Museum | Free | Shop for local museum items with special discounts on opening day + free gift wrapping for items purchased. 🎁
- DIY Santa Cookie Plate | Thurs., Dec. 2 | 6-7 p.m. | Bullitt County Public Library | Free | Work with paint pens to create your Santa cookie keepsake + remember to bring some old clothes for some messy fun. 🍪
Friday, Dec. 3
- Mundo Brew | Fri., Dec. 3 | 6-9 p.m. | The Bard’s Town, 1801 Bardstown Rd. | Free | Listen to local live music legends on stage for free. 🎤
- Knocked Loose | Fri., Dec. 3 | 7 p.m. | Mercury Ballroom | $63 | Hear the punk band beat from this Kentucky native group. 🎤
- The 31st Annual WinterFair! | Fri., Dec. 3-Sat., Dec. 4 | 2-7 p.m. | Unitarian Universalist Congregation, 4936 Brownsboro Rd. | Free | Shop affordable fine art pieces at this “not your granny’s church bazaar.” 🎁
- BowWow Meow Boutique | Fri., Dec. 3-Sat., Dec. 4 | 10 a.m.-5 p.m.| 3206 Collins Ln. | Free | Shop gift baskets for family, friends, or your furry companions this holiday season + proceeds benefit the Animal Care. 🐱
- Westport Village Holiday Celebration | Fri., Dec. 3 | 6-8 p.m. | Westport Village | Free | Bring the whole family to this holiday event with live music from Top Shelf, an appearance with Santa, festive treats + acts from stilt walkers and jugglers. 🎄
- Holiday OUT! | Fri.-Sat., Dec. 3-4 | 7-9 p.m. | Big Four Station Park | Free | Voices of Kentuckiana returns for three outdoor choral shows to celebrate the season + spread cheer. 🎤
- Vibes & Laughter | Fri., Dec. 3 | 7-10:30 p.m. | Nirvana, 1047 Bardstown Rd. | $15 | Laugh with some of Louisville’s funniest comedians including headliner Q Smoke, Geron, and Fat Freddy + live music, food, and drinks. 🎭
- Ugly Sweater Silent Disco | Fri., Dec. 3 | 9 p.m.-1 a.m. | Falls City Beer | Free | Kick off the holidays with the annual ugly sweater silent disco + rock the night away. 🎄
Saturday, Dec. 4
- Holiday Tiny Bites | Sat., Dec. 4 | 11 a.m.-12:30 p.m. | Waterfront Botanical Gardens | $35 | Learn how to cook finger food for your holiday entertaining with Chef Helene Trager-Kusman. 🥧
- Willis Tucker | Sat., Dec. 4 | 8 p.m. | Merle’s Whiskey Kitchen | Free | Hear the Southern Indiana-based musician play around with classic rock + country sounds. 🎸
- COIN: Rainbow Dreamland Tour | Sat., Dec. 4 | 8 p.m. | Mercury Ballroom | $25+ | Groove with this alternative pop trio + opener mazie. 🎤
- Polar Express Family Movie Night | Sat., Dec. 4-Sun., Dec. 5 | 5:30-9 p.m. | Kentucky Science Center | $15+ | All aboard the holiday movie train for a fun night with the whole family as you journey to the North Pole. 🎅
- Holiday Crafts & Cocktails with CC & Apéro Seasons | Sat., Dec. 4 | 5-7 p.m. | CC’s Low Carb Kitchen, 800 S. 4th St. | Make a 20-inch fir wreath using personal items you bring from home + get a festive cocktail in a keepsake glass. 🎄
- Green Heart South Louisville Tree Planting | Sat., Dec. 4 | 9 a.m.-1 p.m. | Wyandotte Park, 1104 Beecher St. | Free | Roll up your sleeves + plant some trees with UofL’s Green Heart project, which looks to improve air quality through increasing neighborhood tree canopies. 🌳
- Bardstown Road Aglow | Sat., Dec. 4 | 12-10 p.m. | Highlands neighborhood | Free | Shop local vendors, catch a free trolley ride, hear live music + see the Wendy’s Holiday Tree lit during the 36th year of this beloved holiday event. 🛍️
- Blue Öyster Cult | Sat., Dec. 4 | 8 p.m. | Brown Theatre | $52.65+ | Hear this legendary band perform in Derby City. 🎸
- Market on Mellwood Holiday Bazaar | Sat., Dec. 4 | 10:30 a.m.-4:30 a.m. | Mellwood Art Center | Free | Shop at this family-friendly market that gives Louisville shoppers an opportunity to shop local this holiday season.
- Holiday Open House | Sat., Dec. 4 | 11 a.m.-7 p.m. | Free | Norton Commons | Donate a toy to Toys for Tots, shop specials from neighborhood businesses + snap a pic with Santa starting at 4:30 p.m.
- Sixth for a Cause | Sat., Dec. 4 | 3-5 p.m. | West Sixth NuLu | Free | Order your favorite brew and 6% of sales for the day goes toward the Forecastle Foundation. 🍺
Sunday, Dec. 5
- Jason Mraz | Sun., Dec. 5 | 8 p.m. | Louisville Palace | $39+ | Catch this pop legend’s acoustic show with Toca Rivera + special guest Gregory Page.
- Old Louisville Holiday Home Tour | Sun., Dec. 5 | 12-5 p.m. | Conrad-Caldwell House Museum | $30+ | Get a rare glimpse inside historic, Victorian-style mansions + townhouses outfitted with holiday decorations for the season. 🏠
- Paint your Pet Portrait | Sun., Dec. 5 | 1-4 p.m. | Bourbon City Barkery, 1001 Logan St. | $45 | Create a handmade portrait of your fur baby using a photo transferred to canvas + get one beverage of your choice. 🐱
- GOC Festival of Trees | Sun., Dec. 5-Thurs., Dec. 9 | 1-4 p.m. | Guthrie Opportunity Center | Free | See festive trees + bid in a ticketed auction on Dec. 9 to buy one. 🎄
- Christmas Open House & Tea | Sun., Dec. 5 | 1-4 p.m. | Free | Scribner House, 110 E. Main St., New Albany, IN | Tour the oldest house in New Albany during this open house with homemade goods.
- 2nd Annual Drag Queens on Ice | Sun., Dec. 5 | 6:30-8:30 p.m. | Christy’s Garden, 720 Brent St. | Free | See your favorite Kentuckiana queens glide along the ice + grab seasonal cocktails from the bar. ⛸️
- Holiday Designer Show House | Sun., Dec. 5 | 11 a.m.-5 p.m. | Chestnut Hall, 12611 US-42 | $20 | See this historic farmhouse decorated for the holiday season with all proceeds going to the Thoroughbred Retirement Foundation. 🏠
- Ceramic Christmas Tree | Sun., Dec. 5 | 1-3 p.m. | Work the Metal, 1201 Story Ave. | $104.94 | Create a beautiful Christmas tree that will light up your holiday spirits. 🎄
Monday, Dec. 6
- String Chamber Ensembles Recital | Mon., Dec. 6 | 7-8 p.m. | University of Louisville | Free | Hear the string band from UofL perform live + in-person. 🎻
- Memory Improvement Class | Mon., Dec. 6 | 2 p.m. | Virtual | Free | Learn tips + strategies to help you improve your memory which is useful for students and professionals alike. 🧠
- An Inside Look at the Department of Justice | Mon., Dec. 6 | 11:45 a.m.-1 p.m. | Vincenzo’s | $25 | Explore the renovations made at the US Department of Justice over the past year. ⚖️
Tuesday, Dec. 7
- Acoustic Jam | Tues., Dec. 7 | 7:30 p.m. | Virtual | $24.50+ | Jam out with artists like Dylan Scott + Ryan Hurd for a virtual night of fun. 🎶
- Inspire featuring Susan Clark | Tues., Dec. 7 | 8-9:30 a.m. | 450 N. Whittington Pkwy. or virtual | $15+ | Hear the announcement of the 2021 Grand Prize Drawing Winner + the speaking lineup for next year’s chamber. 💼
- Botany of Christmas | Tues., Dec. 7 | 6-7:30 p.m. | Yew Dell Gardens | $25+ | Explore the stories + traditions of the plants that make the holidays what they are. 🌱
Wednesday, Dec. 8
- Disney Princess The Concert | Wed., Dec. 8 | 7 p.m. | Louisville Palace | $27+ | Hear the magic of your favorite Disney princesses.. 👑
- Steel Panther – White Christmas | Wed., Dec. 8 | 8 p.m. | Virtual | $28 | Hear the humorous glam metal band during their online Christmas special 🎤
- 3-Day Screen Printing Workshop | Wed., Dec. 8 | 6:30-8:30 p.m. | The Resource Room, 1860 Mellwood Ave. | $150 | Learn to screenprint by hand with professionals + take home materials to reproduce your work again. ✂️
- Nordista Freeze | Wed., Dec. 8 | 8 p.m. | Zanzabar | $10 | Get psychedelic at this artsy pop show with support from Routine Caffeine, Dinero Romero + Grandma’s Boy. 🎤
Thursday, Dec. 9
- Over the Rhine and Carrie Newcomer | Thurs., Dec. 9 | 8 p.m. | The Kentucky Center | $29.25-$40.95 | Hear the much-needed harmonies from this duo this holiday season.
- Human Impact | Thurs., Dec. 9 | 8 p.m. | Headliners Music Hall | $12 | Rock out to this noise group with local opening support from the Bad Wires. . 🎸
- ‘Tis the Season Charity Luncheon | Thurs., Dec. 9-Fri., Dec. 10 | 11:30 a.m.-1 p.m. | Monnik | $25 | Come to the annual holiday luncheon + learn how Love Thy Neighborhood has been helping families all across Louisville. 🎁
- Birch Trees | Thurs., Dec. 9 | 6:30 p.m.-8 p.m. | Virtual | $15 | Paint birch trees with a provided canvas, paint, brushes + an apron. 🎨
Friday, Dec. 10
- Capitol Connection | Fri., Dec. 10 | 11:30 a.m.-1:30 p.m. | The Olmsted | $45 | Learn about GLI’s 2022 legislative priorities, honor GLI’s 2021 Most Valuable Policymakers + hear from Kentucky Speaker of the House David Osborne. 👔
- 2021 HRC Holiday Ball | Fri., Dec. 10 | 6-11 p.m. | The Galt House Hotel | $50-$70 | Dress in masquerade attire + celebrate the people of Human Resources Command. 💃
- Joy with Sharp Edges | Fri., Dec. 10 | 6-10 p.m. | 1212 S. 4th St. | Free | View the inaugural exhibition of Carbon Copy featuring sculptures made with industrial shards and debris.
- Tacky Sweater Party | Fri., Dec. 10 | 5 p.m. | Gallant Fox Brewing | Free | Find out who is the tackiest of them all + Christmas ale on tap.
- Benefit Dance to Support MUSCL | Fri., Dec. 10 | 7-10 p.m. | Saffin Center | $10+ | Dance all night to The Amber Martin Band’s tune + any tickets purchased and picked up before Dec. 8 having the chance to win a special prize.
- Christmas Gift and Decor Show | Fri., Dec. 10-Sun., Dec. 12 | 11 a.m.-7 p.m. | Kentucky Exposition Center | Free | Visit with Animal Care Society pups and shop 700+ booths.
- Wild Action Weird Disco | Fri., Dec. 10 | 10 p.m. | The Flamingo Lounge, 119 S. 7th St. | $5 | Bust out the bellbottoms + get your pointer fingers ready for a night of disco covers. 🕺
Saturday, Dec. 11
- Holly & Ivy | Sat., Dec. 11 | 2-3 p.m. | Louisville Nature Center | $30+ | Make your own holiday decorations with live greenery while you enjoy hot chocolate and snacks. ❄️
- The $20 Art Show | Sat., Dec. 11 | 6-9 p.m. | Headliners Music Hall | $20 | Local artists sell their works for just $20.🎨
- Holiday Harvest Brunch | Sat., Dec. 11 | 10 a.m. + 1 p.m. | Logic Everyday Kitchen | $55 | Feast on a three-course farm-to-table brunch with a boozy welcome drink.
- Together at the Holidays: Derby City Chamber Orchestra with Sydney Magers | Sat., Dec. 11 | 1-3 p.m. | Floyd County Library | Free | Hear classic holiday tunes + bring an unwrapped gift to Southern Indiana families for admission to the event. 🎷
- Logan Under Lights | Sat., Dec. 11 | 5-9 p.m. | Logan Street Market | Free | Drink specials are available at this event with live music + artists showing off their latest pieces. 🎅
- The 4th Annual Christmas Bar Crawl | Sat., Dec. 11 | 4 p.m.-11:59 p.m. | Venue TBD | $10+ | Get two free tickets when you invite your friends to this event with drink specials for hours. 🥃
- Holiday Open House | Sat., Dec. 11 | 9 a.m.-4 p.m. | FifteenTWELVE Portland Ave Creative Compound | Free | Support local businesses featuring fun holiday crafts + coffee. ☕
- Reindeer Romp 4k Run/Walk | Sat., Dec. 11 | 9-10 a.m. | Hogan’s Fountain Pavilion | Free | Kick off the winter running + walking season at this 2.4 mile loop at Cherokee Park. 🏃
- Wine and Twine | Sat., Dec. 11 | 12 p.m. | Work the Metal, 1201 Story Ave. | $79.50 | With materials + two drinks provided, make a macramé twine wine rack hanger. 🍷
Sunday, Dec. 12
- New Lens with Kaitlyn Raitz | Sun., Dec. 12 | 7-8 p.m. | 700 Main St. | Free | Listen to Kaitlyn Raitz as she debuts her latest solo album “Me, Myself, Myself, and I.” 🎻
- Doorway – A Tribute to the Doors | Sun., Dec. 12 | 8 p.m.-12 a.m. | Headliners Music Hall | $10+ | With a portion of all the proceeds benefiting the Home of the Innocents, this tribute band takes you back in time with The Doors classics. 🎤
- Khruangbin | Sun., Dec. 12 | 8 p.m. | Louisville Palace | $39.50-$59.50 | With a name that means “Engine Fly” in Thai, this music group celebrates the bass heavy, psychedelic sound that makes up their Thai funk genre of music. 🎸
- Beginner Birding | Sun., Dec. 12 | 11 a.m.-1 p.m. | Louisville Nature Center | $15 | Free for members, this birding experience will be nothing short of amazing for first-timers. 🐦
- Cake Decorating with Bae! | Sun., Dec. 12 | 3-5 p.m. | Logan Street Market | $45 | Learn how to pipe candy cane stripes + achieve a perfect buttercream finish on your own holiday wreath cake. 🍰
- J Roddy Walston Christmas Tour | Sun., Dec. 12 | 8 p.m. | Zanzabar | $15+ | Snag tickets in advance for $15 + catch this modern Southern rock group play a holiday themed show.
Monday-Sunday, Dec. 13-19
Monday, Dec. 13
- The Queers | Mon., Dec. 13 | 7:30 p.m. | Diamond Pub Concert Hall | $15 | Check out this punk rock band for their in-your-face style of music. 🎤
- Napa Cab Wine Class! | Mon., Dec. 13 | 6:30 p.m. | LouVino | $55 | Expand your wine knowledge + dig into a charcuterie spread. 🍷
- Stave and Thief | Mon., Dec. 13 | 9 a.m.-5:30 p.m. | Moonshine University | $500 | Spend a day learning whiskey production from some of the best in Louisville. 🥃
- Diversity Virtual Career Fair | Mon., Dec. 13 | 11 a.m.-2 p.m. | Virtual | Free | Meet + network with professionals from Fortune 500 companies like Wells Fargo and Google. 💼
Tuesday, Dec. 14
- Coffee & Connect | Tues., Dec. 14 | 8:30 a.m. | Fante’s Coffee House | $5 | Meet with other entrepreneurs at this small event. ☕
- Angel Tree Gift Wrapping Party | Tues., Dec. 14 | 5-7 p.m. | Down Syndrome of Louisville | Free | Help wrap gifts + make cards for DSL Angel Tree families. 🎁
- The Holidays are Brewing | Tues., Dec. 14 | 6:30-8:30 p.m. | Mile Wide Beer Co. | Free | Throw on the ugly sweater + jingle and mingle with loads of shopping experiences, sip n shops, cookie decoration stations and so much more. 🍪
- Druminyasa | Tues., Dec. 14 | 3-4 p.m. | Lotus Counseling and Wellness | Free | Join Jeshima “Beauty Star” for a dose of drum medicine where you move your body to bass beats. 🥁
Wednesday, Dec. 15
- Book Publishing Workshop | Wed., Dec. 15 | 7-9 p.m. | Virtual | Free | Publish your first book with effective advice + become an author. 📚
- Champs & Shopping VIP Shopping Experience | Wed., Dec. 15 | 6-8 p.m. | Work the Metal | $159 | Grab your pals + get your Christmas shopping done while looking out for the latest holiday grabs this season. 🛍️
- Michter’s Bourbon Pairings & Holiday Hosting Know-How | Wed., Dec. 15 | 6:30-8 p.m. | Frazier History Museum | $44 | Grab a bourbon buddy + take part in the Frazier’s exclusive tasting featuring Michter’s Distillery’s bourbon. 🥃
- A Charlie Brown X-mas | Wed., Dec. 15 | 7-11 p.m. | High Horse Bar, 1032 Story Ave. | $25-$45 | Catch the 1965 classic from start to finish with special guests before and after the show.
- Queer Craft Night | Wed., Dec. 15 | 6:30-8:30 p.m. | The Resource Room | Free | Bring your own craft project to work on in this queer-safe place. 🎨
Thursday, Dec. 16
- Nothing | Thurs., Dec. 16 | 8 p.m.-12 a.m. | Headliners Music Hall | $16 | Bob your head to this shoegaze band with support from Bambara + Midwife. 🎤
- Art History Illustrated: “An Introduction to Futurism” | Thurs., Dec. 16 | 6:30-7:30 p.m. | Carnegie Center for Arts & History | Free | Learn about a little-known movement in Italy in the early 20th century that influenced major historical moments + people of the time. 🎨
- Glass Blowing Christmas Party | Thurs., Dec. 16 | 9:30 a.m. | Flame Run Glass Studio and Gallery | Free | Meet professionals at this Fortune 500 networking group while taking part in a holiday glass blowing party. 🎄
- Crystal Leigh | Thurs., Dec. 16 | 6 p.m. | Parlour Downtown | Free | Hear this Nashville-based artist pay tribute to different musical influences from the genre. 🎤
- Lunch and Learn with Melissa Merida | Thurs., Dec. 16 | 12-1 p.m. | Carnegie Center for Art & History | Free | Hear from the director of the Floyd County Library about the challenges of the pandemic + what projects the library has in store for the future. 📚
- Pearls and Puptails | Thurs., Dec. 16 | 4:30-8 p.m. | Royal Jewelers, 4505 Shelbyville Rd. #101 | Free | Get some new bling during a shopping spree that benefits the Kentucky Humane Society with adoptable puppies + dogs onsite, cocktails, and food from Harvey’s Cheese. 🐶
- Peerless Bourbon Dinner | Thurs., Dec. 16 | 7-9 p.m. | Swizzle Dinner & Drinks | $150 | Eat a 5-course dinner with a Peerless Old Fashioned cocktail + enjoy Swizzle favorites by spinning the rotating wheel of drinks. 🥃
Friday, Dec. 17
- David Sedaris | Fri., Dec. 17 | 8 p.m. | W. L. Lyons Brown Theatre | $55.87+ | Hear one of America’s premier comedic writers who is regularly found on The New Yorker and twice on “The Best American Essays.” ✍️
- Fortune Feimster: 2 Sweet 2 Salty | Fri., Dec. 17 | 9:30 p.m. | Bomhard Theater | $40.37 | See the stand-up comedian, writer + actor perform in Louisville. 🎤
- Hairball | Fri., Dec. 17 | 7-9:30 p.m. | Paristown Hall | $25+ | Be part of an unforgettable rock experience with confetti, monsters + smoke machines. 🎤
- Ran Barnaclo | Fri., Dec. 17 | 8-10 p.m. | Planet of the Tapes | $15 | Laugh along with the comedian who was recognized as the Funniest Person in Cincinnati in 2017. 🎭
- A Wizard’s Christmas | Fri., Dec. 17-Wed., Dec. 22 | 11 a.m.-2 p.m. + 5:30 p.m.-8:30 p.m. | Louisville Palace | $114.99+ | Experience the magical Alabaster School of Witchcraft and Wizardry from the “Harry Potter” series. 🌟
Saturday, Dec. 18
- KMAC Poetry Slam | Sat., Dec. 18 | 3-5 p.m. | RePurposed on Main | Free | Hear an afternoon of poetry + spoken word performances from artists around Louisville. 🎙️
- Snow White and the Seven Drag Queens: Holiday Edition | Sat., Dec. 18 | 7-8:30 p.m. | PLAY Louisville | $25 | Follow Snow White + her Seven Queens as this musical gets a holiday makeover for one night only. 🎭
- Colton Kise | Sat., Dec. 18 | 8 p.m. | Merles Whiskey Kitchen | Free | Count those country beats with Colton Kise for free for one night only at Merles Whiskey Kitchen. 🎤
- Holiday Family Day | Sat., Dec. 18 | 11 a.m.-3 p.m. | Frazier History Museum | Head over to this Downtown museum for kid-friendly tours, crafts, performances + storytime to celebrate the holiday season.
- Candlelight Christmas Tour | Sat., Dec 18-Sun., Dec. 19 | 6-9 p.m. | Conrad-Caldwell House Museum | $8-$12 | Enjoy a self-guided tour of Louisville’s largest Victorian home. 🎄
- Bob and Tom Show Comedy Tour | Sat., Dec. 18 | 7 p.m. | Mercury Ballroom | $29+ | Grab a seat and laugh with comedians Greg Hahn, Josh Arnold + Mike Armstrong. 🎙️
- The Art of Belonging Weaving Project | Sat., Dec. 18 | 1-4 p.m. | Iroquois Library | Work together to design and weave a piece of art that will be displayed for community members to see + drink some free hot chocolate with free cookies. 🧵
Sunday, Dec. 19
- It’s A Pilcher Pipe Organ Holiday Concert | Sun., Dec. 19 | 3-4:30 p.m. | Louisville Memorial Auditorium | $10 | Hear the most festive hits this holiday season on the world’s largest Pilcher Pipe Organ. 🎹
- Sugar Plum Party | Sun., Dec. 19 | 11:30 a.m. | Louisville Ballet | $40.95 | Join the Sugar Plum Fairy + her friends in the Land of Sweets for fun times with the cast members, art projects, and snacks. 🍬
- Louisville On Tap | Sun., Dec. 19 | 12-7 p.m. | Falls City Beer | $195 | See the best beer Louisville has to offer with three booming distilleries in the city that are creating some of the best reasons to get together with good friends for a good time. 🍺
- Sunday Social Hike at JMF | Sun., Dec. 19 | 1-3 p.m. | JMF Welcome Center | Free | Go for a scenic hike through the woods with several stops along the way to take in the sights + sounds of the forest. 🌳
Monday-Sunday, Dec. 20-26
Monday, Dec. 20
- Winter Break Camps at the Frazier History Museum | Mon., Dec. 20 | 9 a.m.-4 p.m. | Frazier Museum | $49+ | Learn about specific points + people in history based on the day throughout this winter break camp for the kids. ❄️
- A Festivus for the Rest of Us | Mon., Dec. 20 | 6 p.m.-2 a.m. | The Merryweather | Free | Come to this Seinfeld-themed holiday event with trivia, special beer collaborations with Milewide + food by Bandalero Hot Sauce Co.
- SPARC Hope | Mon., Dec. 20 | 5-9 p.m. | The Village Anchor | Free | Mention SPARC Hope when you dine in or carry out at The Village Anchor + 10% of proceeds from your meal will go toward supporting single-parent families.
- Once Upon an Orchestra | Mon., Dec. 20 | 2 p.m. | Louisville Free Public Library | Free | Experience the Louisville Orchestra for free with children invited to build their own musical instruments from recycled materials. ♻️
Tuesday, Dec. 21
- Larger-than-life ELF in the 4-story digital theater | Tues., Dec. 21-Fri., Dec. 31 | 2-4 p.m. | Kentucky Science Center | $10 | Experience the classic movie “Elf” in an all-new way at the Kentucky Science Center. 🧝
- Holiday Themed Macaron Class | Tues., Dec. 21 | 6:30-8:30 p.m. | Hilton Garden Inn | $55 | Learn how to make + bake macarons with seasonal fillings and holiday icing. 👩🍳
- Kentucky Exceptional Children’s Conference | Tues., Dec. 21-Thurs., Dec. 23 | 1 p.m. | The Galt House | Free | Network with others in-person + see guest speakers talk about practices that you can bring back to the classroom. 🎒
- Merry Llama | Tues., Dec. 21 | 2-4 p.m. | 291 N. Hubbards Lane | $29 | Paint your holiday llama with the whole family and get drinks for the 21+ members of your crew.
Wednesday, Dec. 22
- Conservation and Conversations: Biomes | Wed., Dec. 22 | 7-8 p.m. | Virtual | Free | Learn as a family about a variety of environmental + conservation issues and solutions around the world from the Louisville Zoo. 🌳
- Pappy for Parkinson’s | Wed., Dec. 22 | 8 p.m. | Virtual | $100 | Enter a raffle to own a six-bottle collection of vintage Pappy Van Winkle Bourbon. 🥃
- Champs & Shopping Event | Wed., Dec. 22 | 6-8 p.m. | Work the Metal | $159+ | Grab your closest friends and do some holiday shopping for the latest in holiday gifts like winter clothing + jewelry. 🛍️
Thursday, Dec. 23
- Jim Brickman | Thurs., Dec. 23 | 7:30 p.m. | Brown Theatre | $225+ | See this legendary double Grammy-nominated artist perform his classic hits. 🎤
- Van Gogh’s Starry Christmas Eve | Thurs., Dec. 23 | 7-9 p.m. | Pinot’s Palette | $29 | Get $10 off a bottle of wine for Thirsty Thursday + paint a starry night in Van Gogh’s style. 🎨
- The Spirits of Christmas | Thurs., Dec. 23 | 7-9 p.m. | Culbertson Mansion | $10 | Gather round the fire with your hot chocolate + hear wintry ghost stories in this Victorian mansion. ❄️
Friday, Dec. 24
- Lost and Found | Fri., Dec. 24 | 12-5 p.m. | Schweitzer Gallery | Free | See “Lost and Found,” an exhibit from Cheryl Ulrich-Barnett that will present her ceramic arts to audiences all over Louisville. 🎨
Saturday, Dec. 25
- Nature Connection Workshop | Sat., Dec. 25 | 9 a.m. | E.P. Tom Sawyer Park | Free | Get outside + connect with nature through meditation. 🌳
- Makers & Growers Market | Sat., Dec. 25 | 11 a.m.-3 p.m. | Farmers Plaza | Free | Grow your culinary talents with Louisville’s best chefs + merchants with free nutrition classes.
Sunday, Dec. 26
- Supernatural America Drop-In Tour | Sun., Dec. 26 | 2 p.m. | Free | Explore the paranormal in the American art world + engage in conversations about the highlights of the guided tour around the exhibit. 👻
- Cool Fossils! | Sun., Dec. 26 | 3-4 p.m. | Falls of the Ohio | Free | Meet a local paleontologist to learn about the park’s most interesting fossils. 🦴
Monday-Wednesday, Dec. 27-31
Monday, Dec. 27
- The First Kentucky Cèilidh! | Mon., Dec. 27 | 5 p.m. | Great Flood Brewing | Free | Go to the Great Flood Brewery for Louisville’s first Scottish cèilidh dance with beer, dancing + food. 🍺
Tuesday, Dec. 28
- Custom Door Hanger – Snowman | Tues, Dec. 28 | 7-9 p.m. | 291 N. Hubbards Lane, Suite 160 | $45 | Customize a cute snowman to hang on your front door to give a warm welcome to visitors this holiday season. ☃️
- A Thrill in the Ville: Love Jones vs. Everybody | Tues, Dec. 28 | 6 p.m. | Headliners Music Hall | $25 suggested donation | Jam at this battle of the bands benefiting St. Jude Transitional Housing Program.
Wednesday, Dec. 29
- Arlo McKinley | Wed., Dec. 29 | 8 p.m.-12 a.m. | Headliners Music Hall | $18+ | Hear “The Road to Redemption” with new up-and-coming artist Arlo McKinley. 🎤
- Wine Class with Gracie Peter | Wed., Dec. 29 | 6:30-8 p.m. | LouVino | $60 | Learn by tasting true champagnes from France + get 10% off your meal when you stay for dinner. 🥂
Thursday, Dec. 30
- Kentucky Flea Market New Years Spectacular 2021 | Thurs., Dec. 30 | 10 a.m.-6 p.m. | Kentucky Exposition Center | Free | Shop with Kentucky’s most niche vendors this New Year’s. 🛍️
- New Year’s Spectacular with Brad Lanning | Thurs., Dec. 30-Fri., Dec. 31 | 7:30 p.m. | The Caravan Comedy Club | $18 | Hear the honest + hilarious Brad Lanning this New Year’s show that’ll make your sides split as you go into 2022. 🎭
Friday, Dec. 31
- NYE Live! New Year’s Eve Louisville |Fri., Dec. 31 | 8 p.m.-1 p.m. | Fourth Street Live! | $70 | Ring in the new year with Louisvillians all over the city on Fourth Street. 🎉
- The Monarchs | Wed., Dec. 31 | 5:45-7:45 p.m. | Derby Dinner Playhouse | $85 | Ring in the New Year with classics + new material from this 7-man group.
Contributed by Caleb Stultz