The $12 million project will be redeveloped in two phases — the first of which will actualize Trellis Brewing Co. + the second will introduce Ferncliff Distillery.
Here are some quick details on the project:
- The distillery will be developed by Beargrass Development + Kyle Jahn is the registered agent on the brewery development.
- Ferncliff Distillery was a circa-1870 distillery that operated on the same site at 930 Lampton St. + once reopened it will be a small, craft distillery.
- The Schaefer-Meyer Brewing Co. also operated on this site in 1889 + produced 50,000 barrels of beer each year.
- Beargrass Development is seeking $10 million in industrial revenue bonds from the city for the project.
- Beargrass Development is working with the Smoketown Neighborhood Association to craft a community benefits agreement — a contract requiring developers to provide certain amenities or mitigations to the community.